Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,380 total)
  • Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Hi Jez – yes, it was about three weeks ago I think.

I think I’ve ended up tagging along with you on a couple of Thursdays around Swithy and the rest. More likely to have been 2012, though – I haven’t been able to ride on a Thursday for most of this year.

Feel free to meet up – 7pm Rag n Mop car park tomorrow (wednesday) evening.

Chances are you know all the routes anyway, but we may surprise you with a few bits. I think I know the naughty route you are referring to – we did it a few weeks back if it is the one I think – although a group of bikes emitting more lumens than a small town might make this too obvious to ride at night.

We always manage to have a good blast between two and two and a half hours, though.

scandal42
    Free Member

Hi chaps

I am afraid I won’t be out tomorrow 🙁

Don’t have a bike as my ‘swapping’ of a few bits has turned into a full new bike build 😆

Should hopefully have things sorted for next week.

Have a great ride.

jez130
    Free Member

Will try and join you tomorrow evening. Hope you all arnt speed demons as im not young anymore lol.

Do you go in all weathers?

dannyh
    Free Member

Well I’m no speed demon, so you’ll be fine at the back with me!

Weather resilience hasn’t really been tested yet, but i tend to ride whatever the weather, I assume so do the rest!

If you don’t ride in shit weather you don’t ride for half the year in the uk after all.

See you tomorrow, barring any work issues. I think I have mitigated against work screwing me over by working my nuts off over the last two days, but you never know……. 😐

muddyfool

I wasn’t a speed demon when I was young, and I’m certainly not now 🙂

I should be there tomorrow. I’ve not been out on the bike since last Weds, looking forward to it!

fatbob44

Really enjoyed last weeks ride, cheers to everyone who was out. I will be out again tomorrow, looking forward to riding somewhere new to me!

SigmaF
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I’m planning on trying to get over for tomorrow night’s ride if it’s okay to join you?

Never ridden in these parts before, so looking forward to some exploration!

I’ll be on an Orange Handjob, looking like a lost sheep no doubt….keep an eye out if you can….

Cheers,

Scott

dannyh
    Free Member

Yep, the more the merrier.

I can make up a route as we go, maybe slightly less distance with more ‘play’ tomorrow, I think.

I have something in mind, but am open to suggestions.

Anyway 7pm at the Man Within Compass. I reckon the drop in temperature might keep the faffing to a minimum as well 🙂

It might even be time for the winter gloves to have their first outing post-summer.

jez130
    Free Member

Good ride tonight lads. Bloody shattered though.

dannyh
    Free Member

Cheers Jez. I’d recommend a massive bowl of spaghetti bolognese washed down with a pint of Guinness. That seems to have sorted me out.

Right. PSA. The inaugural NWL Riders day out in the Peaks is set for Saturday 16th November. We can sort details closer to the time, but expect an early start so we can avoid the masses if it is a nice day!

Next week’s ride starting in Woodhouse Eaves village car park? I’ve already got a couple of route ideas!

See you then?

scandal42
    Free Member

Hopefully be up and running for next week. Many out last night?

16th sounds great.

dannyh
    Free Member

Five out last night. Mud a plenty, but not a complete mire yet. The ‘easy’ option climb in the woods across the field is getting a bit sticky, though.

Details to come soon about the 16th. Watch this space.

muddyfool

Yeah good ride last night. All this slippy slidey stuff is taking a bit of getting used to again though!

Woodhouse Eaves next week sounds good to me, as does 16th.

fathomer

Gutted I couldn’t make it last night, hopefully see you next week.

Bit gutted I can’t make the Peaks but hay ho!

jez130
    Free Member

Know all the routes round woodhouse area so between us should come up with a good ride.

Raouligan
    Free Member

Out in Cademan and Grace Dieu woods today it would seem that some eejits are marking trees and footpath signs to point them in the right way.

Neither subtle or needed just disrespectful, and shows riders too lazy to learn where they’re going…

Bit shit really!

Trails are still great round there though 😀

rascal
    Free Member

Trails not as good as Whinlatter where I was this weekend though 😉
    Hoping to be out this week – is it ‘The Usual’ or ‘The Option’? 7pm either way?

dannyh
    Free Member

As far as I’m concerned at the moment we are meeting in the Woodhouse Eaves village car park at 7pm. I hope everyone is looking at this thread, though. We don’t want to end up with two splinter groups!

This time and place was agreed amongst the participants of last week’s ride, so probably should hold precedence.

See you then.

scandal42
    Free Member

Hoping to make it over on Wednesday, depends on bike build as I’ve not been able to start due to a delay in the arrival of parts so hopefully tonight will see good progress made.

Off out to get some outer cable, how exciting…

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Sorry for the slight thread hijack, is Bardon Hill worth bothering with? North side only or south side as well?

cheers.

(local but your group rides are too early eve for me!)

muddyfool

Danny – I definitely want to, although due to a minor knee problem which seems to have come back after three consecutive days of riding (I’m getting old…) I may have to cancel if it isn’t better by Weds – should be ok but i’ll let you know if not.

Local trails seem to be holding up to the rain ok so far – or were on Sat.

Scandal – good luck with the build, I’ll be insisting we repeat the bit we did last time you came over this way, if that gives you an incentive 😉

ss92 – sorry, I just follow the lights of others and have no inbuilt compass, all I know is it’s a big hill! We’ve been told off for being too specific before anyway… So, I dunno, go and look I guess? 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

Right then chaps, just to confirm. The meet for tomorrow evening’s ride is Woodhouse Eaves village car park at 7pm.

Muddyfool. I wasn’t actually going to do ‘that bit’ again, but as you’re so keen on it, I’ll fit it in. I’ve got a route in mind. The first off road climb will be ‘interesting’ I can promise you that. I hope some people will find it amusing, probably those with nice spiky rear tyres like me 😉

I think the route I have in mind should be a tad over two hours, but we can pad it out if necessary with a play in Swithy. All topped off with a pint (deffo my round) in the Curzon.

See you then.

fatbob44

Count me in again for another mystry tour!

scandal42
    Free Member

Not going to make it 🙁

Will definitely be up and running next week though

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Ah hello! I’ve just moved to Leicester, and not been properly out riding yet 🙁
    Could I join you guys next week? Short notice for tomorrow, as I’ve been given my plans by the OH.

muddyfool

No problem, open to all, keep an eye on the thread and we’ll confirm things next week.

Danny – nice one, have been wanting to do that again but not had chance since 🙂 After limping around all day yesterday, my knee seems to have miraculously improved overnight so I should be able to make it.

Scandal – I was so close to ordering a carbon 456 frame last night, with the 15% discount PSA. I resisted the temptation in the end but I did spend a lot of time reading about them – looks like a great bike!

rascal
    Free Member

Really hoping to make it tonight.
    Everything’s in the car ready but I fear another late work-fisting this afternoon 😕

Hopefully see you all later…does anyone going have a mobile number I can call if I don’t make it? Cheers

toppers3933
    Free Member

please have a look at this.

Break in.

dannyh
    Free Member

toppers – yes will keep an eye out, but it would be a chance sighting with me – no one has ever offered me a bike or anything like that.

I can’t imagine any local ‘tards riding on CX bikes whether they’d nicked them themselves or bought them from the thieves.

Still, you never know.

See you all at 7pm – i have nice little route in mind that ends with the bonus of a downhill blast to the Curzon.

muddyfool

Rascal: I just sent an email to the address in your profile with my mobile number. Good luck keeping your head down at work!

Toppers: sorry to hear it, hope someone manages to track them down…

Looking like 3-4 of us tonight then, looking forward to seeing the route Danny, hopefully some more new local stuff! 🙂

rascal
    Free Member

Cheers Muddy

dannyh
    Free Member

Not much new to be honest – more a rehashing of known stuff. I have got an idea about some stuff that you might not have ridden before, but it doesn’t fit with the route tonight – maybe next time!

SigmaF
    Free Member

Hoping (again!!) to meet you guys tonight…

Bike is packed in van, let’s hope I can escape these office confines in time!!

No time to change the rear larsen 2.1 though!!…..

Did somebody say slippy?

Cheers,

Scott

muddyfool

No worries, it all feels like new stuff in the dark and wet anyway, I only moved to the area earlier this year and it’s been mostly dry!

fathomer

I’m not sure yet, depends how wet I get on the ride home to be honest, I don’t fancy getting soaked twice 🙂

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Cheers Muddyfool!

Will put some proper tyres back on and see you next week then.

scandal42
    Free Member

Don’t know why I checked this, really bloody jealous now 😉

Have a great ride.

Oh and Muddy,it certainly looks like it should be a good ride when finished, looking forward to wrestling with the tubeless setup later 😡

theglover
    Free Member

I am not a weather wimp… just feeling pretty sh!t having just driven back from the other side of Daventry.

Enjoy the mud and see you next week.

muddyfool

Hope you enjoyed the rest of the ride chaps – thanks for waiting for me and hopefully this odd knee (or kneecap, I think) injury will have cleared up soon! The worst thing is that it seems fine until I’m a few miles into a ride and then gets gradually worse… It doesn’t bode well for my planned trip to the peaks at the weekend!

dannyh
    Free Member

No worries muddy. Get some ice on it ASAP.

Well that was one wet ride! It was like the bloody monsoon at one point, my waterproof layers gave out under the onslaught eventually, but that was with only about half an hour to go.

Cheers to fatbob and Muddyfool for making it out. I would probably have hidden under the duvet if it had been just me!

There were a couple of ‘sidewinder’ moments on some of the descents tonight. Definitely a case of loosening up and letting the bike do a bit.

Hopefully see you all next week. Then it’s the inaugural day out in the peaks next Saturday…………

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,380 total)

The topic ‘Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders’ is closed to new replies.