Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 1,380 total)
  • Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders
  • rascal
    Free Member

I’ll be in front of the pub tv with a pint at 5 watching Wales v Australia so no can do. Enjoy!

dannyh
    Free Member

Should have come riding, rascal 😉

I managed a nice three hour razz around. Only slightly spoiled by an ‘encounter’ in the park that cannot be mentioned.

Perhaps just after dark is not a wise time to ride it as some of the idiots are still there. I came down nicely onto the bottom road, exhibiting some quite nice skills in my opinion. There were quite a few people on the road. No worries until some silly old tart practically runs from the edge of the lake to give it “you’re supposed to stay on the path, not treat it like a race track”. Despite the fact that everyone else I saw said thanks for slowing down for them.

Anyway, I am never quite ready for a-holes like this, so my response was not what I would have liked. Thirty seconds later I wished I’d said “go home and drink another bottle of cheap wine and chill out” or “the reason I don’t ride on this road is to avoid people like you”.

However I did manage to chuckle in her face and shake my head saying “dear, oh dear” which got a laugh from two blokes who were there. Not my best comeback, but I like to think it convinced her that I genuinely didn’t give a shit what she thought.

Other than drunken old lushes who look like they are in drag haranguing me it was a good ride. The trails are actually very dry for this time of year so all in all a good way to spend a few hours.

Let’s get something ‘down on paper’ for Wednesday night?

jez130
    Free Member

A lot of people think we are just out to cause mayhem.

rascal
    Free Member

Lovely day for a ride people!
    I’m gonna be at Swannymote Road car park in Whitwick (original meeting point) at 1pm today, meeting a mate and going for a spin if anyone’s at a loose end.
    Feel free to join in – poss going for a pint at the Man Within Compass after that.

Danny – English ref, what cam I say?! 😉
    The 3rd Aussie try was so blatantly forward it was ridiculous.
    To further compound a weekend of sporting misery I’ll be watching Man City stick at least 4 past my beloved Swans later too 😕

scandal42
    Free Member

Shit shit shit, cant ride this week either, its the Christmas party of she who must be obeyed 🙁 at the Curzon Arms of all places.

And I cant join you today rascal as I am being dragged Christmas shopping.

Bah Humbug

dannyh
    Free Member

Ha ha ha. Guess where we’re going to ride on Wednesday, then!

I think the curzon would be a great spot for a post-ride pint.

Only joking, at least only joking in the sense of doing it to deliberately wind you up.

Shall we set the meet as 7pm in the Woodhouse Eaves village car park on Wednesday night?

I promise I’m not doing this purely for scandal’s benefit – it just makes a good meeting point (especially for me!)

It also makes it easy for me to route find as if it is within five miles of my house and I haven’t ridden it before I would be very surprised!

jez130
    Free Member

Went up beacon hill on my bike today to watch the sunset . Pretty breathtaking really.

I’ll be there Wednesday all being well.

theglover
    Free Member

Meeting in Woodhouse Eaves?

I will be there…

fatbob44

Hello all, I will be out again tomorrow – see you then

rascal
    Free Member

Pretty sure I’m not gonna make it this week chaps.
    You gonna gatecrash Scandal’s Xmas piss-up at the Curzon? 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

I thought we might drop in for a post-ride pint, yes.

I am 90% for tomorrow night, so basically I’ll see you in the Woodhouse eaves car park at 7pm……

scandal42
    Free Member

It’s not a problem, I’ll be glad of some ‘normalish’ company 🙂

Just don’t get any ideas of nicking a spud.

pryth
    Free Member

I’m going to try and make it tomorrow. Please don’t judge if you see me lifting a bike off the roof rack caked in peak district dried on mud!!

dannyh
    Free Member

Scandal. You’re in luck fella, it will probably be potato gratin, which ain’t that easy to lift.

The food is really good in there at the moment, so you’ll have a good one.

But remember, while you’re piling in the calories we’ll be burning them!

dannyh
    Free Member

Right – roll call for tonight………….

If I can get over the M1 and back to civilisation (it is closed at the moment apparently), I am a definite for tonight.

I’ve skilfully avoided any work-based muggings today so see you there!

pryth
    Free Member

Sorry chaps, stuck at work 🙁

scandal42
    Free Member

Hopefully see a few of you in the Curzon. At least I can listen to what its like to ride a bike.

dannyh
    Free Member

Rob. No worries fella, it happens to all of us at some point.

Rascal. Hope we didn’t do you over. We waited until 7-10pm and I tried calling you. Hope sods law didn’t see you turn up at 7-11pm.

Good ride tonight chaps. I am broken, though! Now sleep beckons…..

scandal42
    Free Member

Well done for keeping it moving chaps. 99% making it happen next week.

Danny, the food was top notch, no gratin though.

jez130
    Free Member

Good ride tonight. Didn’t realise there were so many routes round swithland wood.

fathomer

Yep, good ride, nice to be out again.

Sorry for my puncture issues, I’ll sort you a tube next week Jez.

dannyh
    Free Member

Thought I’d post this as quick as possible so that if anyone is interested they can try to make arrangements.

I’ve managed to wangle (from work and home) a biking day. Thought I’d head up to the peaks to do either the Jacobs Ladder route or re attempt an epic of hardship and suffering from a couple of years back.

Anyhow, the date is Friday 20th December if anyone is interested.

See you next Wednesday evening.

dannyh
    Free Member

Alright everyone?

A bit quiet on this thread isn’t it?

Meet tomorrow evening – Man Within Compass (Rag n Mop) car park at 7pm alright with everyone?

See you there/then?

fatbob44

Sounds like a good plan to me – see you tomorrow

scandal42
    Free Member

Sorry that I have been so inactive since the Peaks ride but things have conspired against me each week since.

Tomorrow may be no different as I have a horrible bout of man flu that I just cant shake.

Im chomping at the bit to get out soon though.

Sorry chaps

dannyh
    Free Member

Scandal.

Sorry to hear about your man flu, such a terrible affliction that is made worse by the fact that women just can’t empathise.

fatbob44

So,is anyone else out tonight?

Danny – if you are still riding i will be at Man Within Compass by 7

dannyh
    Free Member

Yes – I’ll see you there – everyone else seems to be playing ‘secret santa’ – or maybe not wanting to jinx it by saying they are coming(?)

Anyhow see you at 7pm.

muddyfool

I’m going to miss it yet again I’m afraid. The knee has now had the doctor’s recommended amount of rest but I’m now suffering with a cold severe case of man flu. Hopefully I’ll be recovered enough and will find time for a short ride at the weekend to see how the knee is, and might make next week’s ride. I might have to skip the Weds after though…

Have fun out there!

dannyh
    Free Member

Muddyfool – you do know that it is lack of riding that has caused your man flu, don’t you?

Dr Danny would prescribe a two hour night ride followed by a pint of ale – to be taken once per week.

That should see you right.

A good ride last night – just the three of us (jez, bob and I). Strangely it was a lot clartier in places than I’d expected – a few sideways moments, but nothing too lethal. My bike and clothes were crapped up pretty well by the end.

Apologies to fatbob for not informing him in advance that my line choice at night is frankly pants! I like to think I’m OK in the daylight, but the lights seem to draw my vision in to a foot square beam about twenty yards down the track. Still, no injuries, or crashes (one near miss for me) or mechanicals – let this be the standard!

See you next Wednesday evening – village car park Woodhouse Eaves 7pm.

If anyone can get a day off next Friday (20th) I will be heading to the Peaks (as previously advertised on here).

scandal42
    Free Member

Well done for keeping it going chaps, glad you had a good one.

I will be out next week, just had a new Reverb delivered today so itching to give it a whirl.

Muddy, I reckon Danny has a point on the old man flu front, I feel quite shite after a non riding 2 weeks.

muddyfool

You’re probably right, I definitely felt less energetic even before the manflu kicked in… Hopefully will be back out there again soon. It’s been over a month since I rode so that had better be long enough or I’ll be having words with the doctor that told me rest is all I need…

Also glad to see you guys are keeping it going, I miss the Wednesday night rides but I reckon I’ll be lagging behind a lot by the time I do get back out!

jez130
    Free Member

Good ride again followed by a refreshing pint of ale.

scandal42
    Free Member

Right then chaps…

Who will be making it out to woodhouse this week?

I am desperate to get out and im hoping a new light is delivered in time.

fatbob44

I will be out tomorrow, get a last night ride in before the Christams!

dannyh
    Free Member

Yep, see you there unless I go back to work tomorrow (had a day off today) and find that I’ve been stitched up.

Even if I have, it’s unlikely it would delay me enough not to make 7pm, so most likely I’ll see you there!

rascal
    Free Member

Was hoping to make it, but got told this afternoon that tomorrow I have to cover someone pulling a sickie (probably) at one of our clients…in beautiful Coventry 😕
    Extremely doubtful I’ll be back in time so gonna rule myself out – yet again.
    My lights are proving to be a worthwhile acquisation!

Have a good ride boys – no tumbling over any yuletide logs ho ho ho!

PS Danny – saw your Bogtrotters response – I think you mentioned DSM (or similar) – what’s that?

dannyh
    Free Member

Distinguished Service Medal. A Victoria cross was a possibility, but it wasn’t ‘in the face of the enemy’ (there were no walkers around)!

Anyhow, not good to hear that your work are still screwing you over on a regular basis 🙁

rascal
    Free Member

Handed notice in…moving on – so you might see more of me in the new year.
    Gotta get fit first though 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

Dont suppose anyone has a torx t25 they could bring?

Reverb remote annoyingly uses one .

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 1,380 total)

The topic ‘Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders’ is closed to new replies.