Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Whiteways, South Downs
  • KevinPP
    Free Member

Never ridden there before but planning to try it out early Saturday morning. Are the decent trails easy to find? Or does anyone fancy showing a couple of guys around…?

chris36860
    Free Member

From the carpark head north between the cars and after 10 mins you will reach the southdowns way. Turn left and in 10ft turn left into the woods and take the right hand trail. You’ll find a good 1 1/2 hours riding in there but some of it is hard to find. Also if you ride out of the car exit and head right, take the 3rd exit on roundabout and there is a trail 50 yards on the left. It ends up at Slindon 4×4 course. Can’t do this weekend or would join you.

hh45
    Free Member

I believe there is some good dogging to be be done in that car park.

GlennG
    Free Member

My local riding spot, some really nice single track, a little tricky to find but worth it, it struggles a bit when wet as doesn’t drain to well, also some good single track across the road ( south of whiteways), would show you around sat but off to brechfa for 5 days on sat am, if your that way again pm me and could hook up for a ride?

KevinPP
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys. Only down the road a bit at Worthing but for some reason only really ridden north and east.
    If anyone else fancies showing us around please let me know.
    Cheers.

jambalaya
    Free Member

hijack ….

I’m lurking here, keen to do a South Downs ride (have been walking around Burpham and Bignor Hill/top of Whiteways) so looking for hints and tips. On my last walk out with the dog we saw a few trails in the woods there (can’t tell you how much it winds up the Mrs when she realises I’m looking for singletrack !)

Anyone stayed at the Gumber Farm “bothy” – was thinking that might be a useful stop-over for a 2 day ride/overnighter ?

scottfitz
    Free Member
    wwaswas

can’t tell you how much it winds up the Mrs when she realises I’m looking for singletrack

I get in trouble on family walks for running along newly discoverd singletrack holding imaginary handlebars and making ‘bwaaaarrrppp’ noises 😳

batman11
    Free Member

Hi Kevin sadly can’t help on Saturday but if you want to pm me in profile, we all go out most Tuesday nights and most weekends as a group. Think evening rides are gonna be on Thursday fron next week for a week or two due to shifts etc but were regulars up there so can put a fairly good loop together to give you a taste.
    Bats.

senorj

I get in trouble on walks for running along newly discoverd singletrack holding imaginary handlebars and making ‘bwaaaarrrppp’ noises

hahaha +1.

kudos100
    Free Member

I’m a local and often ride with batman and some other guys. Not about on the weekend, but come on a ride during the week and there will be someone about to show you the cheeky singletrack.

KevinPP
    Free Member

Thanks again for the replies. Will go and have an explore tomorrow and then hook up with some of you next time.

rewski
    Free Member

I get in trouble on family walks for running along newly discoverd singletrack holding imaginary handlebars and making ‘bwaaaarrrppp’ noises

Not just me then. 😀

KevinPP
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips all. Went there this morning and can thoroughly recommend it. Luckily by chance met my bank manager (!) there who took us on a 2.5hr ride round the area, otherwise I think it could have been 15 mins riding out and 2hrs trying to find the car park again. Some great XC singletrack. Will def be back.

fisherboy
    Free Member

Hi, Kevin. Bank manager here. Good to meet up with you this morning, hope you enjoyed it. That was pretty much everything i know. one or two other bits here and there but those we did seem to link up well. Even more fun when its dry and less slippery.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Whiteways, South Downs’ is closed to new replies.