Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whites level diversion.
  • hexhamstu
    Free Member

Anyone else ridden whites this week? There is a diversion, cutting out goodwood and darkside. Instead in sends you back up past the bottom of the black run up to windy point and along to the final descent at skyline. I was annoyed by the diversion at first because my mind was already dreaming of the greggs sausage and bean pasty I was going to pick up on the way home, and the sight of the bottom of the black run almost tipped me over the edge! but the final decent the climb lead to was awesome!

I would suggest not bothering with windy point and energy and instead just doing the black run, climbing back up the fire road and heading straight over to the skyline final descent (the diversion signs will head you towards this).

On another note, why don’t they tell you about the diversions at the start of the trail instead of waiting until you try and ride goodwood to find the gate taped over and a sign telling you to ride back up the hill!?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Are there any trails at afan that are not currently diverted?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Don’t think so, but if you do the whites climb, go down the black run, climb back up to windy point and over to the skyline descent its an enjoyable trail and one I’ll think I’ll do even when all of whites is open.

SOAP
    Free Member

Hi guys my plan for Sunday with the misses was up Y wal then across to whites and down to the cafe. See how she felt after a cuppa. Then either finish the W2 or go back around the road way back to the Van.
    So far the bottom section of whites is diverted and the cafe is closed. 🙁
    Any suggestions would be great

carlphillips
    Free Member

ah rubbish..i have a group of 9 going up there at the end of may, was looking forward to riding whites etc
    when are they being finished..?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Park at the wall carpark, ride along by the river to whites, go up the climb, turn right at the top and come down the skyline descent, then head back along to the wall and do the whole thing, there is only 1 piece of single track closed on the way up as far as I know and the rest is still open. 373, grave yard and zig zags were all open last week end and they are the good bits!

Oh and pack a flask and a couple of pieces of caramel and short bread and you’ll be good to go.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

It did give a date for when it would be re-opened on the sign but I cant remember what it was sorry! It’s only goodwood and darkside that are closed.
    The diversion leads to this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826ozSYRP_Y (not my video)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whites level diversion.’ is closed to new replies.