Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • whitelee wind farm trails nr Glasgow
  • moonsaballoon

I got a news letter today from east renfrewshire council saying that there are plans to bulid a trail center up at the wind farm . Anyone know any details ?

druidh
    Free Member

I saw some stuff at he Scottish Outdoor Pursuit show last month. They are already advertising that the access roads are available for walking and cycling, but the intention is to add some (I took to be family-friendly) singletrack trails in too.

moonsaballoon

Have been up there a couple of times and ridden the access roads . Fun if your a fan of wind farms , impressive up close , but not amazing riding . Some dedicated trails could be very popular i reckon, though the one thing that struck me was how boggy it was off the service roads but i reckon this could be really good for locals

BoardinBob

I imagine if they build anything it’ll be family friendly stuff. its as flat as a pancake up there

moonsaballoon

The council says trails for serious mountain bikers built by the guy who is in charge of the commenwealth games course . your right about the flatness , the wind farm might be up high but cant really see them being able to use the altitude , heres hoping though

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘whitelee wind farm trails nr Glasgow’ is closed to new replies.