White man dreads. Locked up content

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • White man dreads. Locked up content
  • Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

BBC News – Backpacker jailed in Thailand for ‘picking up phone’ returns home
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-47998395

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Did they find out whose phone it was? What has he done with his dreads? this story offers more questions than answers…

nick1962

I am amazed that there is such a laissez faire attitude in the west to Thailand.Military junta superceding the democratically elected government.Ruthless suppression of the opposition,30 years in jail for taking the p*ss out of the King’s dog on Facebook etc etc..really?? But hey they’ve got great beaches and cheap hookers so what’s the problem? TBF though think they got it right with the dread shaving this time.

chewkw

The bloke could have handed the phone to the airport authority but he did not.
    😃

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

I hate to agree with chewy 😜, but it’s a chinny reckon from me

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Doesn’t really suit the dreads though does he? Bet his mum’s chuffed he’s had a clip out!
    Looks like he’s wearing a comedy cap.

I am amazed that there is such a laissez faire attitude in the west to Thailand.Military junta superceding the democratically elected government.Ruthless suppression of the opposition,30 years in jail for taking the p*ss out of the King’s dog on Facebook etc etc..really?? But hey they’ve got great beaches and cheap hookers so what’s the problem? TBF though think they got it right with the dread shaving this time.

Because no one outside a few Northern European countries care.

Everyone else on the planet likes a bit of dictator and ruthless suppression or is currently pre-occupied with mounting dictatoryness or lunatic secessionism. See America, Austria, France, Italy, Spain, Greece and the UK in regards to the latter.

Neither is Thailand just about beaches and hookers, the UK isn’t just about Brighton and fat drunk slags is it? It has plenty of other things going for it and it’s rapidly developing.

UK isn’t just about fat drunk slags is it?

Says someone who has never been out on the town with me…

theboatman

I for one would support an international law prohibiting white man dread’s. I hope the chap in the story killed his with fire.

Premier Icon convert
    Subscriber

Saw this story and thought the lad was full of it – picking up lost property and carrying it 20+ miles back to his hostel to try to locate the owner rather than hand it in to the airport….right.

Short sharp shock in a Thai cell and the removal of his daft hair might have been just what he needed.

handybar

I’m white and have dreads.
    Marriage.
    Children.
    Death.
    I dread em all.

simonloco

Are all the dread haters baldies or just for men users, asking as a baldy who had dreads…
    But yes seems a bit of a yarn on the phone.

Marin

Ooh the bitter conservative judgemental dredd haters. Has anyone slagged his tattoos off yet. Thailand’s lovely but don’t piss them off whilst you’re in their country. Simples.

johnners

Not just a Thailand thing. If he’d picked up a phone in this country and taken it away without doing something sensible like handing it in he’d probably be done for theft.
    He might have got to keep his dreads though.

So many of you are so full of shit it’s unreal. If I found a phone then I’d pick it up, charge it and return it to its owner.

Its just what you do, simple.

The authorities here are being penises, end of.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

So many of you are so full of shit it’s unreal. If I found a phone then I’d pick it up, charge it and return it to its owner.

I’d hand it to Police station I did find one just before Xmas after a patty, I could see someone had tried to ring about a minute before so waited for them to call again. I then met the owner up the road they were very grateful. My plan was to hand it into the police.

Someone ‘picked up’ my daughter’s phone they took to home but didn’t answer me ringing it, they did answer the door to the police but mysteriously the phone then went dead.

MSP

At an airport, you would hand it in at the airport, doing anything else would quite blatantly reduce the chance of finding the owner.

hols2

I for one would support an international law prohibiting white man dread’s

If I was in charge I’d just make everyone shave their heads. Once you try it, you realize how liberating it is. Saves hours of time every week messing around with shampoo, gel, etc. And people have to deal with you just as you are instead of just basing their judgments on whether you have nice hair or not.

johnners

So many of you are so full of shit it’s unreal.

You seem to have misspelled “I disagree”.

aphex_2k

He said he picked up the phone to try to find its owner and in doing so he moved it to a different location, which is considered theft under Thai law.

Nuff said. He’s in Thailand. Thai law applies. Sorry about the dread’s bro, you’re gonna look outta place now talkin bout “my gap year, yah?”….

Premier Icon jamj1974
    Subscriber

I am amazed that there is such a laissez faire attitude in the west to Thailand.Military junta superceding the democratically elected government.Ruthless suppression of the opposition,30 years in jail for taking the p*ss out of the King’s dog on Facebook etc etc..really??

No oil.

Very few white people look good with dreadlocks and he’s no exception.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Very few white people look good with dreadlocks and he’s no exception.

He’s no exception to very few. Trying to work out if you think he’s cool or not

taxi25

Saves hours of time every week messing around with shampoo, gel, etc. 

I’d say looking after my hair takes minutes not hours. It gets washed when I shower, an extra minute or two, towled dry and brushed into place, another minute or two, true I get it cut once a month. That costs £8 but it’s worth it to catch up with Mario’s gossip 👍👍

hols2

I’d say looking after my hair takes minutes not hours.

I pity your follicles.

UK isn’t just about fat drunk slags is it?

Brexit will sort that out. We’ll get rid of all the hot EU ladies and be left with fat slags. Be patient. Taking back control,

I’d hand it to Police station I did find one just before Xmas after a patty

Glad to see you finished your Turkey burger first before doing the right thing.

Does travel insurance cover legal fees such as his? It was nice that people raised £20k to get him home. There does seem to be a trend though of using Just Giving to bail people out of travel situations, the most common being medical repatriation after injury. Is that not what most grown ups have travel insurance for?

At an airport, you would hand it in at the airport, doing anything else would quite blatantly reduce the chance of finding the owner.

Exactly.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Glad to see you finished your Turkey burger first before doing the right thing.

😂

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

If he’d picked up a phone in this country and taken it away without doing something sensible like handing it in he’d probably be done for theft.

Police would have to prove it was his intent to permanently deprive the owner of it. And they wouldn’t shave his head.

Premier Icon sirromj
    Subscriber

We’ve all got hair and faces.

johnners

Police would have to prove it was his intent to permanently deprive the owner of it.

Sure. The owner lost the phone at an airport. Picking it up, not reporting the find and removing it from the airport wouldn’t be viewed as conducive to reuniting the phone with its rightful owner. Giving the excuse “I was going to try to trace the owner myself” without having taken any steps to do so wouldn’t help all that much.

He probably had more contact with Thai locals in those few days than he would of otherwise has in a whole year of ‘doing’ Thailand as a gap year yah.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Police would have to prove it was his intent to permanently deprive the owner of it.

They can still aresset and hold him custody though.

From here (Phuket) the recent coup took little more than a meeting with the King. Bloodless like every one before it.

Lesse Majeste is used by the ruling Junta. The late king didn’t like it.

The problem isn’t the leaders but Thai culture – the real reason it’s never been invaded or colonised and no one really cares about it.

easily

It does seem a bit dodgy, but I’ve done exactly the same (back in the days when phones were a lot cheaper).
    I found a phone and took it back home. When the owner called it I arranged to give it back to her – it seemed like the most obvious thing to do. I guess if nobody had called after a couple of days I’d have taken it to the police.

nick1962

I’d hand it to Police station I did find one just before Xmas after a patty

Drac being super clever with his patty story, clearly a nod to Jamaica and dreads 🙂
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_patty

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy
    Subscriber

If I found it say in a park in this country that’s what I would do (chances are it would be locked so I’d just hand it in at the local station) but I think you’d have to be pretty stupid to do that if you found it in an airport in another country where you can easily turn it in. Otherwise what happens after you charge it? Can you understand the language on the phone? Assuming it’s not PIN-locked and you figure out the owner are you going to call and hope they speak English? Even if that all works you’ve probably  just given the owner a lot more hassle having to come and get it from you rather than just pick it up at the airport.

philjunior

Police would have to prove it was his intent to permanently deprive the owner of it. And they wouldn’t shave his head.

Having had reason to look at this in detail, there is no longer a need for the prosecution to prove that he was going to permanently deprive the owner of it in this country (Scotland). I believe this is the case in England too.

Change was brought in as a response to joyriding.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

He was obviously trying to nick the phone

Also all you hair fascists better watch out or we’ll come for you

(No I’ve never had them braided, it just did it on its own- after about a year of no brushing & yes
    I wash my hair, usually on Sunday as it takes ages to dry)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.