Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • White forks – urgghh
  • oxym0r0n

I chose white forks ‘cos they tie in with the downtube logo…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ebE4ZJ]IMG_0452[/url] by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

twonks

Ooops.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

chortle

shifter
    Free Member

Count yourself lucky, fork on my Helius is brown, or Mahogany as RS liked to call it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

think this might just be too much for the OP

Scapegoat

Forgiveable if you’re thirteen though?

And the same forks and a few bits of gold ano when he built this at fifteen?

Scapegoat

He he….

BigDummy
    Free Member

It’s a sad state of affairs when the Two Permissible Colours of forks are (1) white or (2) black.

Colour-matching looks great:

Contrast looks great:

Wow! also looks great:

Of the Two Permissible Colours, I prefer white, except when black is better. Black is often better.

🙂

stewartc
    Free Member

Red and green should never be seen.

Superficial
    Free Member

Well done bigdummy. You’ve blown the OP’s point out of the water. What forks looks lovely compared with that horrible red and green combo.

niallmb
    Free Member

Black forks would somewhat ruin the orange and white theme I have going on….

BigDummy
    Free Member

Red and green should never be seen.

Fair point. In my defence, I thought they were orange. Which, of course, also looks epic:

😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have opened the Box of Awesome Fork Colours, and now I cannot close it:

BigDummy
    Free Member

Yellow. It goes so well with yellow. And indeed all the other colours:

BigDummy
    Free Member

Rockshox used to give us cool forks. What happened?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Epic. Epic. Epic.

Why did this happen? When did everyone decide that there were only Two Permissible Fork Colours? Why on earth were they (1) Black and (2) White? Couldn’t they at least have been (1) Buttercup Yellow and (2) Iridescent Red? The world is a sadder, poorer place with these monochrome suspension component conventions….

🙂

falkirk-mark

I was happy with the white forks as the bike had a smattering of white on it.

rocketman
    Free Member

moar non-black forks

muhuwahaha

munrobiker
    Free Member

Big Dummy- have you not eyes????

Anyway, here’s my bike (well, before I cracked it and they sent me a revolting coloured frame). Black is best.

BigDummy
    Free Member

rocketman – I salute you.

🙂

benp1

Whoever said I should have called this thread ‘show me pics of your white forks’ was right, that would have been a more apt title

I’m not fundamentally opposed to coloured forks either, as long as the colour scheme goes with the rest of the bike – I like that Ros 9 above

I’m also not against the build and ride it approach, and not worrying about colour

But looking at some of the pics it seems that effort was put into the rest of the bike, and then you painted your forks with tipp-ex

(White forks with a white frame for me)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

But looking at some of the pics it seems that effort was put into the rest of the bike, and then you painted your forks with tipp-ex

and some of us are sat on top of the bike while we ride it looking down the trail at where we are going…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I have no excuse OP, mine were cheap…

benp1

and some of us are sat on top of the bike while we ride it looking down the trail at where we are going…

Might as well look like a clown painted it then 😆

Again – cheap, I get it!
    Don’t care, I get it!

my[/i] opinion is obviously right! 😛 ]

rocketman
    Free Member

as long as the colour scheme goes with the rest of the bike

priceless 😆

senorj

I’m with the op .
    Apart from on white bikes .
    & the white fork ,white rim was acceptable.

lardman
    Free Member

Had to be white for my forks……. (they only come in white) because they’re the smoothest silky forks available.
    They also add to my already silly bling colour scheme.

chestrockwell

Everyone wanted white forks a few years back, what’s wrong with ’em? I assume it’s down to fashion so expect the OP to start a thread in a year or two where they get upset with black forks, especially those with black stanchions.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

colournoise – is your Alpine a 26er? I fancy a change from my 26er Five and can’t be faffed with changing my wheels and forks… What do you reckon to it? If I got one it’d have to be one of the very last ones before the 27.5 as the swingarms etc are a little more ‘refined’ than the earlier Alpines…

TimP
    Free Member

I still want a set of the white forks for my io…

benp1

Black is quicker anyway

It’s so stealthy that the wind doesn’t know you’re there, makes you a trail ninja

chestrockwell

If I got one it’d have to be one of the very last ones before the 27.5 as the swingarms etc are a little more ‘refined’ than the earlier Alpines…

They still sell brand new 26″ Alpines if you want one.

nikk
    Free Member

Basically the same bike, just different components…

Black bike, white forks, black stanchions:

White bike, white forks, black stanchions:

on the black bike, I am considering painting the forks black / dark grey… but I am not sure I can be bothered to be honest, and not even sure it will look ‘better’.

FWIW, both forks bought for their function, not their colour. There was no colour option with them.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have some black forks with black stanchions – anyone want to swap?

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘White forks – urgghh’ is closed to new replies.