Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • White cars – would you buy one?
  • ourmaninthenorth

They seem to be all the rage, but white used to be the cheap option.

Would you buy one because they look sharp and on-trend, or do you think they look naff as?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I have a white car, I love it. It has nothing to do with trends or prices (it's old and cheap). It's hard to keep clean though.

iDave
    Free Member

sheep are white

coffeeking
    Free Member

nickc

As opposed to what other colour?

It's just a car, surely ones "give-a-shit-ometer" would struggle to register, no?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I would, as long as it was one of those big-ass Audi 4x4s with LED foglights. I'd then want to get it white alloy wheels, and some very, very thin tyres. Then (and only then) I would fill it with Ukrainian prostitutes and drive very fast up and down the motorway, pausing occasionally at service stations so that the hookers could go to KFC and my bodyguard could play on the arcade games.

Does this help at all?

ourmaninthenorth

sheep are white

They are, but the numpties who sold me a car yesterday now can't get hold of one and want me to take the white one on the forecourt. I think they look gash – unless are a clapped out Citroen van in Provence – but at the right price, I might be able to love with it for 3 years.

On second thoughts, it will need to be washed regularly. F— that – life's too short to wash cars.

coffeeking
    Free Member

It's just a car, surely ones "give-a-shit-ometer" would struggle to register, no?

You're in a distinct minority with that thinking.

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

That's a "distinct minority" of two so far then.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Like this, but with white alloys.

Not much like this.

More like this in fact, although you can't really tell this one is Ukrainian. I'd settle for Georgian or Armenian.

nickc

Really? I mean unless you're going for a one off "tequila sunrise" with the nane of the car emblazoned on the side in flashing neon, then one colour off the option list is a as routine as the next.

ergo, white's as good as any other colour…Ukrainian prostitutes aside, obviously

RustySpanner

I'd buy one if the colour suited the car.
    Had a mk 1 Fiesta that looked very smart in white, my bought new by my dad after he'd retired. That colour really suited the shape.

Thought all the sheep bought boring silver cars these days?

Who cares what someone else thinks of your car, it's you who has to live with it.

BigDummy
    Free Member

White is not as good as yellow. 🙂

scaredypants

they look sharp and on-trend

If I though that I'd refuse the car on those grounds alone (unless BD had some spare ho's to lend me as ballast/compensation)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Certain colours suit certain cars, depends on their design.

That's a "distinct minority" of two so far then.

That really is quite a minority when compared to the vast car-owning public 🙂 Most people at least have some preference of colour, you'd not buy one painted fluoro pink for example I'm sure.

Who cares what someone else thinks of your car, it's you who has to live with it.

My attitude completely. If you like the look of your car and the way it drives, that's all that matters. Anyone who buys a car for how it appears to other people is rather sad IMO. Most people dislike the looks of my car, but I don't care so long as they respect the fact that I do like it and don't bounce their doors off it.

ourmaninthenorth

ergo, white's as good as any other colour

Until it comes to resale….

flip
    Free Member

I got one of these:

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Ah, I'm an unfair sample to be honest, I hate driving and would have to be pretty desperate to own one of my own again.

DrP

Jap import innit….

DrP

ourmaninthenorth

Not keeping up with the responses (well, there are ladies of negotiable consideration referred to in the forum search function now).

Er, I'd rather do without a car, but it's not a reality Mrs North is willing to embrace.

We agreed to buy a car yesteday, with the salesman agreeing to find one in a preferred colour (red or blue). He's now phoned tme to tell me the only colour he can do is white.

I might just about cope with driving a car in pimp white if it was a massive Audi. But it's a Mazda 3, so hardly the right choice for the up-and-coming Uzbek gangster.

nickc

Resale, how much would you loose at the point of sale if it's white? balanced out over say; the fun you've had snorting coke of Ukrainian prossies?

Shandy
    Free Member

Nice car flip, I am about to get my missus one, but she'll only have black.

I have a white GTI, got it about 3 years ago and have copped a lot of slagging for it but I like it. Resale should still be very good on mine but that depends on the type of car etc.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've had 2 white cars (Not by choice) and whilst it looks OK on some cars, It's a nightmare to keep anywhere near clean

Still rather have white than yawntastic-boring-road-coloured-lack-of-imagination-same-as-everyone-else silver or grey though….

nickc

But it's a Mazda 3

I thought you were going for the "oooooh, check me out at the recycling centre" Mazda 6 estate?

Talkemada
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member
    I would, as long as it was one of those big-ass Audi 4x4s with LED foglights. I'd then want to get it white alloy wheels, and some very, very thin tyres. Then (and only then) I would fill it with Ukrainian prostitutes and drive very fast up and down the motorway, pausing occasionally at service stations so that the hookers could go to KFC and my bodyguard could play on the arcade games.

Nice, BigDummy, nice!

I think I'll join you, but I'll have one of those silly Porsche things, with blue neon lights underneath, and a bowel-loosening stereo. And maybe some Latvian or Lithuanian prostitutes. Or maybe Kazakh. I'm a great believer in diversity. Actually I think I'd prefer them not to be prostitutes really. Maybe glamour models or exotic dancers. Of course, they'd be free to chose whatever career paths they wanted, as I'm a bit of a Feminist at heart as well. I wouldn't have a problem if they chose prostitution though. As long as it was their decision.

Brumm…

edd

I like white cars…

warton
    Free Member

If I ever earn enough to own a porsche 911 it will definitely be white.

ourmaninthenorth

But it's a Mazda 3

I thought you were going for the "oooooh, check me out at the recycling centre" Mazda 6 estate?

I was Well remembered..! Mrs North is 4'10". She looks like a pea in a drum in the 6, and wasn't happy with visibility, so we've opted for the less cool at the dump hatchback 3.

Progress is being made – just spoke to another garage and they can get hold of something in a more suitable (i.e. doesn't induce sickness) colour. Time to get the garages in a trade off.

oddjob
    Free Member

That yellow rang rover is GAY!

White cars can be OK, it depends on the car IMO

Shandy
    Free Member

Warton I think the pale blue, orange or lime green ones make more of a statement. Probably pale blue for me.

ourmaninthenorth

Still rather have white than yawntastic-boring-road-coloured-lack-of-imagination-same-as-everyone-else silver or grey though….

Blue or red acceptable, PP?

coffeeking
    Free Member

earlier that day…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

ANYTHING other than grey or silver. ANYTHING.

Why do people keep buying silver cars? There's about 4 that look good. The rest look shyte.

clubber
    Free Member

Thought all the sheep bought boring silver cars these days?

It's funny though isn't it? I've always figured that people who think silver car owners are boring must assume that somehow their car is a replacement for them having personality themselves, hence the need for a car that makes a statement about them rather than being able to do it through their own personality 😉

FWIW, I have two silver cars, probably swapping one for another which might also be silver for the simple reason that they're common and easy to sell.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It's funny though isn't it. I've always figured that people who think silver car owners are boring must assume that somehow their car is a replacement for them having personality themselves,

No, it's just a crap colour. Its the same colour as the road. The same colour as fog. The same colour as John Major. A similar colour to dirt. It's boring, nondescript, and just, errr, nasty.

When we buy a car we base our choice on practicality. If I want to have fun, I'll ride a motorbike thanks.
    But top of the list when we go looking is (And I'm deadly serious here) "Not silver or grey"
    (2nd on the list is 'not French.' Apart from that, I'll have pretty much anything, I'm not choosy)

I have had a silver car. It was a Metro. It cost me £50 and I sold it for £110. That's about the level I go to before it's not an issue any more. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

If it was my money I wouldnt go near white. However I love yellow cars 😀

If it was a company car- I wouldnt mind a in-vogue fashion colour.

Personally I like the dark grey that the old MX5's used to come in. Lush.

nickc

What other colours does the car come in?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'd have yellow any day of the week, or one of those lovely bright citrus colours that fast Focusses come in, or that Seat do.

Next time you're on a motorway, just watch the cars around you. A sea of grey, with the odd shining light! 🙂

teef
    Free Member

I've got a black car but wish I had a silver/white one. Black absorbs heat so is hopeless in the summer. Whenever I park I spend a few minutes trying to figure out where the sun and shade will be in a few hours when I return.

hora
    Free Member

Yellow is lush.

Must admit (on the silver/black front)- Im sick of seeing the drab/monotony of Audi's in silver. Just shows a lack of originality.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘White cars – would you buy one?’ is closed to new replies.