Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • White Bar tape on a 'cross bike? Recommendations please!
  • v12jat
    Free Member

I have some planet x white bar tape on my ‘cross bike but after 2 rides its looking grim – which i kinda saw coming to be fair!
    Any know of a white tape thats more “plasticky” so it’ll wipe clean easier rather than soak mud in – and something pretty comfy too! i used black 3t tape on my other CX bike which would seem a sensible solution.. but i really want white!!

MrSmith
    Free Member

fizik is easiest to clean. Zipp service corse cycloscross (made by lizard skins) if you want bling and thicker/grippier tape.

recipher
    Free Member

Zipp Service Course CX. Perfect.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Don’t

mrmo
    Free Member

fizik will be fine

mtbfix

Heli tape your fresh, white bar tape?

v12jat
    Free Member

Heli tape your fresh, white bar tape?

the thought crossed my mind!

Don’t

im sorry, its gotta be white white white!!

fizik is easiest to clean. Zipp service corse cycloscross (made by lizard skins) if you want bling and thicker/grippier tape.

might give the fizik a try, what about the lizard skins dsp? any good?

yorlin
    Free Member

Before every ride slide a couple of plastic bags over the bars – one on each side?

v12jat
    Free Member

Would cling film be ok??

glupton1976
    Free Member

Coating of PVA glue would do the trick. Just peel it off when it gets dirty.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Old style stuff.
    Bike ribbon is great, or Deda

benji
    Free Member

Cling film 🙄 are you really being serious?

It’s cross, it all gets muddy, just use the sensible choice of black and be done with and enjoy the ride.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘White Bar tape on a 'cross bike? Recommendations please!’ is closed to new replies.