Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • whistler help
  • lambbhoona
    Free Member

Folks looking for a bit of advice, i’m thinking of hitting whistler for a month or so this summer, should i book up before hand or can i go with the flow and turn up and hire kit etc and get cheapish accomodation. I’m wanting a fairly relaxed time so would prefer to find my own way about and meet folk rather than go fully inclusive if you get what i mean. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

BlingBling
    Free Member

You just put your lips together and blow.

wl
    Free Member

Got a mate in Squamish who says Whistler’s been relatively quiet this winter, owing to the global economic situation. You might find this summer it’s also quieter than usual, and easier and cheaper for you to find places to stay. Enjoy yourself, it’s mint out there. With a month to play with, defo check out Squamish, North Shore, Pemberton and the Chilcotins. I also recommend a Tyax float plane drop at Warner Lake.

mikey74
    Free Member

Personally I wouldn’t risk leaving it until you get there. It also depends when you are going: If you are going during Crankworx, then you may be out of luck already.

Talk to Ticket 2 Ride about a stay in their Extended play lodge: All it is is somewhere to stay, so you are free to do what you want after that.

If you are going out during July, I may see you there as I am going for three weeks.

lambbhoona
    Free Member

cool cheers for that

Phototim
    Free Member

Talk to the chaps at Bear Back Biking. Along with their regular holiday chalet, they have a big chalet in Alta Vista that is cheap to stay in long term. I knew a bunch of people who stayed there last summer (and some will be again this year) and its a great atmosphere and a great place to meet a load of people to ride with. They were always having BBQs on their deck and its right by the lake for a post ride swim. If you want a bit of a social scene and meet a load of the season people, its a good bet.

lammy
    Free Member

We just booked a b&b on a mates recommendation, booked a hire car from Vancouver airport and rocked up!
    Great times! Do check out other areas too like Squamish – brilliant for outdoorsy types. September was also a good time. Hot enough but not too busy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘whistler help’ is closed to new replies.