Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whisky – Grant’s Aerstone…..
  • RustySpanner

Had a bottle each of the Land and Sea as an Anniversary present a few weeks ago and am quite impressed.

The Sea Cask is fine, if a bit bland, but is certainly drinkable and is pretty good value at £20.00.

The Land Cask is really very nice. Much more substantial and well worth a punt  if you like peaty stuff.

Anyone else had a pop?

RustySpanner

No one?

I’m half a bottle in. My opinion hasn’t changed, but you are all definitely my best mates……..😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not tried it, picked up a super sweet sherry cask in Duty Free

Whats the casks on those? Any peat in them?

RustySpanner

Yeah Mike, the Land Cask is quite peaty, much more my kind of thing.

The Sea Cask is a typical Speyside, but non the worse for it,  really ‘nice’ but just not that memorable.

Worth a pop I’d say – definitely worth trying. I think they’d make a great introduction for someone getting into malts.

edhornby

I’ve not seen them in the supermarkets yet which is where Grants normally stock, I might give the land a go if I see it

If you like the land one then the famous old grouse ‘black grouse’ sounds similar for about the same price – apparently it’s mostly Highland Park with a few other things in, I quite like it for what it is

breninbeener

Aerstone is in my two local Tesco stores. its £20

hedley
    Free Member

Got a bottle of the Sea Cask on the shelf. It’s ok but for £20 it’s a good buy.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I’ve just got another of the Aldi jobs; not bad.

irc

Tried the Land Cask. Quite good. Prefer the Lidl Islay  malt though.

sbob
    Free Member

Recently been experimenting with blends and am most certainly enjoying The Peat Monster from Compass Box.

Poopscoop

I’ve never remembered if I’ve enjoyed the whiskey I’ve drank.

Northwind

The sea cask is imo really excellent for the price, sure it’s a bit “boring” but the price is interesting enough. I’ll keep some nice stuff by for when I want interesting, or some crystal.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whisky – Grant’s Aerstone…..’ is closed to new replies.