Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Whiskeytrackworld : 2001 Midleton Very Rare with box
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

To Drink or not to drink???

It’s been living in the back of a dark drinks cabinet in its box since coming back from the Eire with me in 2001.

Is it worth keeping for my 40th (two more years) or keeping for longer and then selling it and putting the cash in my daughters bank account??

edit: crikey, its quite pricey!

zaskarman
    Free Member

Don’t sell it! Keep it for your 40th, then have a drink every now and then and relax, preferably with a good friend or on your own* it doesn’t matter. The 300 euro will be blown on electric bills, petrol and food or if you put it in your daughters account it will get lost with other money.
    *if on your own, I recommend a good fire and a book

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Does sound tempting but save it, seen it for £120 online though.

bigG
    Free Member

£300 is retail, if you’re selling it you’d get substantially less. Drink it and enjoy it

Drac
    MrNutt
    Free Member

hmmm it will it improve with age? or does that only apply if its still in the cask?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Retirement bonus. Sell when you are 65.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Get it necked.

firestarter
    Free Member

Only improves with age if still in the cask get it drank maybe with a bit of rola cola 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

hmmm it will it improve with age? or does that only apply if its still in the cask?
    It won’t do anything now It’s bottled & would only ‘change’ if still in cask (not necessarily ‘improve’)

It’s worth naff all really, drink the beggar!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have some (scarily) valuable wine that I inherited. A cellar full of the stuff.

Value? Who cares!

Enjoyment? Sharing? Oh yes!

Had a lovely bottle yesterday! 🙂

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve got a bottle of Midleton Very Rare too or more accurately a third of a bottle left. Not sure what year it is though.
    Don’t buy drinks as an ornament. Do enjoy with special friends and family.
    I also have a bottle of Camus XO which last time I looked was 400€. It looks wonderful on the shelf but even better in a glass. When it’s gone then I have a perfect excuse to go back to Cognac for a replacement.

MrNutt
    Free Member

i didn’t buy it, it was a gift from a large IT Manufacturer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Whiskeytrackworld : 2001 Midleton Very Rare with box’ is closed to new replies.