Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • whips, dog legs, feet forward
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi, when I whip I have my left foot forward but whip back wheel to the right, my friend is right foot forward and does the same with the back wheel.

Is one way right? more stylish? I fear he may be correct, but my logic is if my right foot is back it helps push the bike back straight. In the words of Morrissey ” dear god please help me “.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Thread is nothing without video

uphillcursing
    Free Member

left foot forward and rear of bike to the right. Is there any other way of doing it? Deviant your mate.

piemonster

I literally have no idea what any of you are talking about 😀

Something about whipping your friends feet but I can’t figure out what the dog is doing!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

dog is playing red rocket in the corner, just watching

piemonster

*wanders off muttering about the yoof of today whilst wearing a snappy sock/sandal combo*

ads678

I misread dog legs as dog eggs and assumed this was about a new way of removing turds from trainers.
    Non of that scraping the side of your foot on the grass or shoving a stick in your grips…

Speeder

So long as you’re not pushing the bike sideways with your feet I don’t think it really matter but suggest google whip off worlds and look at some pictures of the most stylish and see what they’re doing.

These pics of Minaar suggest that forward foot behind looks far more natural

Which concurs with how it feels

This kind of nails it down though

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ok so both work really

Stevet1
    Free Member

I’m bored of seeing whips, don’t people learn tables these days? Loads more stylish.

Speeder

howsyourdad1 – Member
    ok so both work really

Both do “work” but front foot to front (2nd pic) looks a lot more forced like you’ve just kicked you legs out.

Stevet1 – Member
    I’m bored of seeing whips, don’t people learn tables these days? Loads more stylish.

Whips and no handers are about the only variations you can do when clipped in which is why you see so many of them in MTBing.

THIS old thread explains a lot

BearBack
    Free Member

No one more stylish that Finn Isles.. starts one way, finishes the other.
    edit..jump to 3m00s
    [video]https://youtu.be/1mHWuzcDuuM?t=3m00s[/video]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘whips, dog legs, feet forward’ is closed to new replies.