Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Whiplash is a bit good eh?
  • Northwind

Finally felt in the mood to watch this, it’s pretty awesome. It’s good to know Vern Schillinger found a place in the world after they let him out of jail.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I thought it was OK but my daughter who is a drummer thinks its brilliant. When the main character is playing a double time swing and is sweating buckets I asked her. “It doesn’t look that hard why is he sweating so much? She advised me that its much harder than it looks.

Duffer
    Free Member

It’s definitely on my list to watch.

[video]http://youtu.be/4HvGq6j0jU8[/video]

craigxxl
    Free Member

Watched it to see what the hype was about, must admit I wasn’t looking forward to it. The wife and myself were glued to the screen throughout it. A really satisfying film.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Loved it, not sure what my neighbours though as it did deserve to be played loudly

spekkie
    Free Member

I enjoyed it. Would love to have been a drummer 🙂

llama

Not my tempo

prawny

As a drummer who played a few years in a similar band I found it terrifying 😆 Mrs Prawny who is still in the band felt the same. Really good film, we used to play Caravan in my old band and it really is brutally fast to play drums on.

doris5000

i was a drummer too and there were things i’d pick holes in from a music/artistic point of view (can’t remember what they were now tho!)

…but never mind that. Any film that can have a 5 minute drum solo as the climax and keep you on the edge of your seat is quite an achievement. And that teacher – what a great villain. Had me burning with anger and indignation every time i thought of him for about a fortnight afterwards! brilliantly done IMO

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

I didn’t really want to watch it. Glad I did, it was amazing from start to finish.

Wookster

Just brilliant!!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it at the cinema.

Something different.

prawny

@doris agreed, it was definitely simplified to make it easier for the no musician (or even drummer ;)) to understand.

Good film though, it properly made me uncomfortable.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Whiplash is a bit good eh?’ is closed to new replies.