Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whiplash – anything you can do to relieve the sore neck?
  • crispo
    Free Member

Mrs Crispo was rear ended earlier on this evening on her way back from work. Not a really bad incident but enough to knock of the rear bumper (it’s now half hanging off).

Anyway she said she felt fine straight after so after getting name, number, reg etc continued on her way and went to her class at the gym.

Anyway I’ve for in now and she’s saying her neck is quite sore, so I’m thinking maybe a bit of whiplash. Is there any stretching or anything you can do to relieve the pain abit?

Thanks

hora
    Free Member

A&E if it gets worse. Or asap to Docs tomorrow. Try a hot water soaked rung out towel wrapped around her neck.

I had it from quite a quick rear end years ago.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Wrap a hot water bottle in a towel and stick it on her neck. Muscles will probably tighten up and try to spasm. Bit of heat will help keep them relaxed.

project
    Free Member

Phone an accident claims company,10 minutes on the phone and they tell you you have a claim and it want cost you anything,and a possible payout of a few thousand quid just in time for a late holidy seems work quite well.

But seriously, ibroprofen, and rest,some soft pillows and gp tomorrow if it still hurts.It does take some time to go away, and comes back as well.

hora
    Free Member

? Like my rear end I didnt ask for the careless driver to hit me and cost me days holiday off work, a docs visit, countless phone calls and increased premiums. I received a payout. No I didnt use a accident management but one thing that I didnt do was calculate my increased premiums for five years and ask for this to be included in my settlement. OP look into this.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Get a bowen treatment. Seriously.

http://www.bowen-technique.co.uk/find_therapist.php

(Note, I am not a practitioner, but I have had so many positive experiences from this therapy including relief of whiplash.)

crispo
    Free Member

Well was planning on taking it into the local body shop this week to get a price to fix and then put it to her if she wants to do it through insurance or she just wants to settle it without insurance. Not really keen on the whole claiming against people thing.

If it does go through insurance will it add onto the premium? Also it’s my insurance with her as a named driver so if it was to go through it wouldn’t affect my no claims would it?

project
    Free Member

your insurance will go up, no matter whos fault it is, and all because you made a claim.

hora
    Free Member

Go through your insurers. Push for all costs both present and future to be calculated. You/they pay insurance for this reason. The other driver should pay your 5yrs premium increase difference because they need to put you back in a position where you were. Not out of pocket. Ask for repair quote and I bet the other driver goes all shy with communication when he hears the quoted repair price…

Plus the neck. What if there are nerve issues/pain in the future? Forget the phoney negative **** claim/blame fraud. You are genuine.

falkirk-mark

Can’t give advise re whiplash but do claim as I was rear ended (oooer) and had a sore/stiff neck although not enough for me to claim injuries however after fighting with insurance co over price of written off car I sincerely wish I had claimed as at end of claim I felt as though I was out of pocket. HTH

hora
    Free Member

Ha the insurer argued over my symptoms/claim for whiplash until I pointed out there was 2 in the car. Mrshora was asleep. ‘Why didnt I claim for her then?’ (Silence then ‘true sir’)

enduroforever
    Free Member

I found that a few grand compo really helped me with my whiplash injury

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whiplash – anything you can do to relieve the sore neck?’ is closed to new replies.