Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whiplash after hitting the deck. How long will I be in pain ?
  • ticsmon

Came a cropper on Saturday, woke up Sunday and neck feels like there’s a knife in it. Still the same today and want to get to lee quarry wed/thurs.

torihada
    Free Member

Go to the hospital? Mate had an OTB incident 10 days ago and resulted in a sore neck. Turns out he’d cracked a vertebrae in the neck. Lucky man (not to have broken it).

zoo200
    Free Member

Have you been to A&E?

wwaswas

GP for a referral would be my choice.

Drac

Pop to Walk in Centre or Minor Injuries if you’re in a lot pain, if you don’t have one go to A&E.

iainc

I got whiplash from a crash 1st Feb, still a bit stiff and achy. I was knocked out (velodrome) so ambulanced in a neck brace stretcher for xrays 🙁 . was too sore to lift head off pillow for a week, then had a few weeks of physio. Was on CX bike on road 3 weeks after crash and MTB 4 weeks.

rocketman
    Free Member

A week in my case after nutting a tree but mine was more of an ache than actual pain yours sounds a lot worse would seek pro help if its not significantly better in the morning

nicko74

A week to 10 days from what I recall – I went OTB, landed on my head and then pivoted around that, landing on my back.

ticsmon

Think I made it sound worse than it is. It’s like a bad stiff neck, (must just be soft). I can move it around ok it’s just when looking up or sudden sharp movements when it really hurts. Didn’t actually hit my head when I fell and had no pain in it at all till the morning after. If it’s the same 2moro night I’ll go the walk in. Thanx for the advice chaps

ichi
    Free Member

I ended up with this (and badly broken collar bone) after being hit by a car at a roundabout on commute from work. Neck was stiff and sore for about 2 weeks and tender for about another fortnight.

Defo get it checked out, there’s so much going on in that part of your body. Get a new helmet too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whiplash after hitting the deck. How long will I be in pain ?’ is closed to new replies.