Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whiplash ??
  • dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Hi all.

I managed to crash a few weeks ago and face planted a rock.

I ended up with numerous stitches which are out now but I get pins and needles in my arms and hands certain ways I hold them.

I’ve never had a bad crash before is this normal and will it go away on its own  ??

Cheers

scaredypants

Whiplash is a real thing – don’t be fooled by the many tossers who abuse the phenomenon after a minor bump in a car park

There’s plenty of advice around, including NHS resources, if you google.  I’m in no position to offer any of my own, sorry

I don’t know if GPs can refer for this but a physio may well be able to advise on specific rehab

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Hi mate thanks for reply.   It’s not causing me any real problem as it’s only certain times certain ways I put my arms.  I mentioned it to the surgeon who is dealing with me the other day but he is oral and facial and just suggested I go to gp.

I will give it a few weeks and see how it goes as I’m back to work next week and Hopefully the gym so will be more mobile which might help.

Cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I had two big crashes in less than a hour at Les Arcs  3 or 4 years ago.I hit the ground so hard that it damaged my crash helmet,I think I was a little concussed,got back on the bike & went OTB again about twenty minutes later…

During the night I got pain between my shoulders & just felt a bit subdued for the rest of the week.When I got back home I felt to beaten up to go out on the mtb,so I went out on the road bike instead,what became apparent was that I struggled working the left shifter.At this point I decided to visit the doctors & the doctor thought I had whiplash.I think it took a couple of months to get back to 100% movement.

I’ve had no problems since.HTH

martinhutch

I would pop to see your GP.

You’ve had a head injury with concussion by the sounds of it, which is not a trivial thing, and pins and needles can be associated with that. How are you other than that?

Are you back riding or taking it easy?

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Hi lads

I’ve been back on the bike once just round the doors .  I had to wear a full face as I’ll be up the creek without a paddle if I hit my nose again before it heals

I have lost part of my nose not sure how much lol as it’s scabbed up.   I was feeling better until I went to see the surgeon on Monday who cut and pulled the scabs off for some reason so healing again .

I did get bit pins and needles in my left foot and hands when riding but it went away after a couple of mile.

I’m glad your whiplash cleared up mate it sounds a lot worse than mine.

I don’t know if I had concusion,  the doctors took xrays and did the torch thing in my eyes woukdvthey have been able to tell ?

I work in he hospital so will see about getting fast tracked to physio when back next week if I still have problems .

Cheers lads

martinhutch

I would normally work on the principle that if I’d given myself a whack like that, I probably had at least a mild version, and should rest accordingly. I don’t know what advice you’ve been given, I’m assuming that your maxillofacial stuff took priority at the time.

andyl
    Free Member

I went to see the surgeon on Monday who cut and pulled the scabs off for some reason

Probably to see if you need a graft to replace any lost tissue. Either that or he just likes picking scabs or you said something to piss him off 😀

You might eventually get referred for some NHS physio, if you have the money then it might be worth going to see one yourself and paying privately. Or do you have any health cover through work?

rydster
    Free Member

Given that it is head and/or spine related I’d 100% see a GP.

Other stuff I tend to shrug off and let it heal. I’ve had ab and thigh strains/tears before that literally took 2 or 3 years to fully heal. If I had a ton of cash I could probably have got elective surgery and physio and all sorts. Broken ribs before, just let them heal unless coughing blood.

Had a back problem which kept me off the bike for years. Saw a few quacks but nothing could be diagnosed or done about it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whiplash ??’ is closed to new replies.