Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Whinlatter…..north or south loop first and why
  • SiB
    Free Member

Got a couple of hours there this weekend and wondering if anyone had any preferences of which loop first and why.

grum
    Free Member

Do the blue first as a nice warmup, then the south loop as it starts from near the end of the blue, then the north loop.

Could be pretty snowy/icey up there at the moment?

SiB
    Free Member

Thanks grum, I hope it is snowy and icey!

Gribs

What Grum says. It’s a fair bit shorter than claimed according to my gps so doing the blue makes it just about a decent length.

scruzer
    Free Member

Warm up on blue,North loop then South and then top half of South(down to first fire road)and repeat til its time to go

bren2709

Blue, north then south loop.
    Conditions are icy at moment.
    Done north loop sat night, long drag up fire road icy but rideable the rest all ok.
    Cannot comment on south loop, but would think down section could be icy.

Have fun!

SiB
    Free Member

I know its a ‘how long is a piece of string’ question but how long will all three routes take for an ok’ish rider (not pushing it up hill!!) probably taking a few photo stops? 2hours? 3? Just trying tp plan rest of the day post ride.

Thanks

grum
    Free Member

I reckon it would take me about 2.5-3 at a leisurely pace with stops. I’m fairly unfit though. You could definitely do it all in well under 2 hours if you had to.

If you want a bit more riding there’s a lovely little single track bridle way down to Thornthwaite you can tack on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter…..north or south loop first and why’ is closed to new replies.