• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by TomB.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whinlatter Trails
  • younggeoff

Hi there, rode the Altura whinlatter trails yesterday and must saw they’ve got loads of potential but they’re redicuously slippery (especially the north loop). It wasn’t just me the rest of the group thought the same thing we all thought we had rear punctures at one point. Were we unlucky and just caught it on a bad day or is it always like this.

hora
    Free Member

Well there was the Cod Liver oil/national joints day held there on Saturday.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but they’re redicuously slippery

if you’re a tart yeah 🙂 To me the slipperiness was part of the appeal :o)

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

anc
    Free Member

Its very slippery under certain conditions – if the surface is dewy or drying out after rain its very slick in certain areas. There’s strangely loads of grip when it’s raining or not so strangely when its dry.

younggeoff

yeah I’m a bit of a tart, just think the slipperyness could make the race this weekend when there looks to be around 500 riders competing a little bit interesting to say the least

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

just think the slipperyness could make the race this weekend when there looks to be around 500 riders competing a little bit interesting

would you prefer it to be boring ?
    Luckily the slopiness will allow the blood to drain away…

robdob
    Free Member

I went with a group at the weekend and it was wet, some people were complaining. So you never ride when the trails are wet? I’m not the worlds best rider but I found it fantastic, challenging and interesting. Learn to ride a bike better!!! Sheesh.

Richyb
    Free Member

Slippy? this is what it was like when we rode it!

stoney
    Free Member

Just adds to the fun!!!

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Yeah i ride there a couple of times most weeks it was a bit greasey this weekend in places. Thought it was nice to get both wheels sliding on the bends so went round again for a bit more practice in the conditions. Its great to ride somewhere that rides differently depending on weather rain usage etc. All good fun and all good for skills! Hopefully it will be just as greasey next weekend! 😛

TomB

Closed for the race this sunday, remember- the race is taking over the whole place!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter Trails’ is closed to new replies.