Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • whinlatter enduro……who’s the sadist…..
  • ton

that designed the course…………holy **** mary 😳

squiff
    Free Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!, it was bloody hard, I did it in 5hr 19m, come 229th place, how did you do ton?

ton

i quit the 2nd lap when i got back to the road at the center. 😥
    i could not have done that fire road again, but it was a good day out, very tough tho.

squiff
    Free Member

believe it or not I did better on the last 2 climbs on the 2nd lap, but i got cramp about 15 times in my left leg, I will do it again next year

specky4eyes
    Free Member

Like you Ton, I couldn’t face that fire road climb again, I pulled out too. In fact, it was the first event I have ever pulled out of, I’m 55 and have done quite a few, but that was a challenge too far!

Congratulations to all finishers, you deserve a medal!

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

My altimeter reading was 1650m of climbing by the end (knowing there was that much climbing makes me feel not so bad about the pain in my legs!)

It was a great day with some killer climbs – I would have liked a bit more natural tracks though to provide a change from fire road / trail centre trail.

STATO
    Free Member

[edit]im **** and thought this was another event DOH! [edit]

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

Hi STATO

are you confusing the Whinlatter challenge MTB race with the Helly Hansen adventure race?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Bluddy ‘ell ton…another missed opportunity to say “hello” to one of my STW “would like to meet”s!!! 8)

boxelder

I reckon 100 starters may have pulled out early at the road there – it only saved 5 miles I would say, so still a hard day out. It’s not called the mountain forest without reason. Slippery today too.
    There’s not many natural trails around, as the hillsides are so steep and those that are there are well used by walkers, who the FC didn’t want to pi$$ off – fair ’nuff. If it had been rainy/windy it would have been testing.
    Great effort by the organising team I thought – some food and plain water at the feed station would have been nice though.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Not sure on my place as I didn’t ask 😳

It should be online later on tonight they said.

Time 4hr 19min and possibly the secong SSer back and possibly the first vetran SSer back (there were only 2 vets on the list :lol:)

Nice to race back against Stoner from on here and race him home as we both cramped up a lot near the end.

Note to organisers – Great event, well put together trails, jolly marshalls, but please can you put in a second water stop half way round on the second loop next year and what about a tee shirt?

rockitman

Hi Ton, good to meet you on the start line.

They got me in the same place as you. It was ten to four and the marshall said they were closing the track at 4 so not point continuing as I’d only be brought back in. Gutted cos I was mentally prepared for another hour of pain.

Spoke to 2 different people who had GPS’s and they both said just shy of 36 miles in total so we must have done over 30.

dickydutch

Tough course. did the last fire road climb on my own as well – seriously lonely place. finished in 4hrs 30ish i think. Anywhere you can check yet?!

mentalalex
    Free Member

really good day did it in 4hrs 16 and managed 3rd in the under 18’s n I’m only 14. young lad on a blue kona with a cannandale top

midlifecrisis
    Free Member
    ton

Bluddy ‘ell ton…another missed opportunity to say “hello” to one of my STW “would like to meet”s!!!

fc, was you there luv, i was specially watching all the ladies go by me, did not recognise any one. 😉
    met a load off here, which was nice…. 8)

FoxyChick
    Free Member

No, ton…rode at Mabie today!
    But had I known you were int’ Lakes we would have been up!!! 8)

ton

tell you what, over 100 DNFs, boy do i feel a better class of failure now… 😀

paulosoxo
    Free Member

There’s a fair few DNF’S. Glad I stayed at home!

rolymo
    Free Member

that was the hardest 50km event i’ve done. ACE!.

i thought the water station was a cruel joke, well it made me laugh a lot – a tiny brown plastic cup held out by a marshall. thats the only criticism i have.

steep up and steep down, practically no road work and the course held up well considering the appalling weather we had up here leading up to it.

36 miles is a fair bit longer than 50km, but is probably about right – managed to ride all of it, apart from 15m sliding on my right hip and elbow after hitting an icy patch on a bend, just prior to the last fireroad climb.

singlespeeders are plain mad.

MikeWW
    Free Member

Good fun but hard work
    Was running with my 14 year old son then snapped my chain at 31 miles. He ended up 3 rd in the U18’s(proud dad icon) I walked for 3 miles then no 78 lent me his chain splitter and I bodged for the run in. 4 hrs 27 min for me in the end which was a bit disappointing but great day all the same

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Stoner, just checked I got 2nd SSer and you got 3rd, the lad who beat us came in 15th in just 3.28 😮

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

More pics coming up,Well done to everyone that competed in this event,It was tough,and I know because I was walking round talking photos! 🙄

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it today.

One big crash at full speed and really regretted riding back down some of the climbs being sociable but i thought it was great fun

rsvktm

5hrs 18mins, 226th. That was hard work, good job the sun was out or there would have been another DNF !
    Respect to anyone that rode it, no shame at all in not finishing. Not good re saying that course closing in 10… How do you do that in 3hrs ??? But my wife overheard an organiser saying that they expected the fast ones back in 2hrs, so methinks harder than they thought.
    Next year then, get climbing legs sorted. Live in the flatlands of York, so bit of a shock !!

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Some cracking weather and decent views for a change 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Are your pictures going on Flickr or something?

Please 😉

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/poorlybottoms/?newest=1

More pics here,cant do the cliky thing sorry 😥

rOcKeTdOg
    rolymo
    Free Member

my wife overheard an organiser saying that they expected the fast ones back in 2hrs

if thats right, they can’t have test ridden the route!

my eyes are still stinging from all the sweat streaming into them…..takes my mind off all the other happy aches though.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

oooh its worked great! 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    SS vet winner here

Dam you RD you’ve found my alter ego 🙄

stoney
    Free Member

FTAO Johnclimber… I should have said when we spoke that there are 2 of us on here with very similar names…. mines ey not er….

Nice job mate.We were together for a good bit of the second lap but i honestly can not say i have had cramp that bad, that many times, in both legs. as you herd!!!

I recon that last far fire road was a complete waist of time and talking to Rich from Cyclewise afterwards i think he kinda agreed. He must have herd similar things from a good few others. He did say they would cut out some of the climbs for next time.

Anyway, it was a top event made so by the sun and as Roly said it was 36 miles!
    And some nice shots from FFB!

el_bandido
    Free Member

Was my first ever enduro and finished in 5hrs 30, not sure what position. Rock hard, that last fireroad climb was soul destroying. I forced myself into pedalling up most of it in the bottom cog, but everytime I looked back I could see I hadn’t pulled away from all the people that were walking!

Look forward to seeing the results online. Hello to the people I had a bit of a chat with on the way round!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Nice job mate.We were together for a good bit of the second lap but i honestly can not say i have had cramp that bad, that many times, in both legs. as you herd!!!

You were crying out loud at times 🙄

Make sure you get in to SSUK SSUK LINKY The beer hides the cramp but be quick as there are only about 5 or 6 spaces left.

ton

i am gonna ride 32/32 at ssuk………. 😆

JohnClimber
    Free Member

ton – Member
    i am gonna ride 32/32 at ssuk……….

Class….. as always

el_bandido
    Free Member

Never thought I’d be happy to finish 245th at anything, but that day has arrived 🙂

paul78
    Free Member

Is there anyway to check who was riding singlespeed in results??

I was number 125 on singlespeed even though most people confused my Chub rear hub for a Rohloff.. i started to wish it was on those longs climbs..

Amazing course and an amazing day…

paul.e

dickie
    Free Member

I finished 2nd last, had to lay down for 15 mins just before the single track desent to the finish – was very worried for my health!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘whinlatter enduro……who’s the sadist…..’ is closed to new replies.