Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)
  • While we wait for the Cotic Rocket…
  • whatnobeer
    Free Member

Brunse, linky no worky?
    What am I missing!!!!???!!

It’s obviously been taken down by the account owner. You’ll just have to guess at what it was 😉

v666ern
    Free Member

Waaah!!!
    WANT WANT WANT!!!
    😕

v666ern
    Free Member

ah found it with my cr@p tinternet skills, wasnt that posted on the BTR Pinner vs rocket thread?

back in my box

any news on this deadline

1st Batch of UK Made Rocket Frames Available to Pre-Order – Delivery June 2014.

http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/rocket

merynella
    Free Member

I exchanged a couple of emails with Cy on Wednesday: they won’t manage June, as most people will have guessed by now, but we should be optimistic about receiving them before August. Cy’s away for a few days but there should be a detailed email update on Tuesday, with pictures. Sounds like issues are resolved and it’s just a matter of putting the bits together.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Noooooo!!!!
    *sobs*
    *deep breath*
    I’m patient. I can wait. That first ride. I can almost taste the sweat.
    *sobs*

It caused me less stress and desperate anxiety giving up smoking

*breaths deeply again*

v666ern
    Free Member

i emailed them yesterday about a demo, they are pretty confident your wait will soon be over chaps – well the first batch has all sold out so it’s gonna be a couple more months if you havent put an order in yet #me #sad face

Euro
    Free Member

I have to congratulate you all on your patience. After a couple of weeks i’d have looked elsewhere.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I managed to hold off for 10 months, then gave up and bought something else. That was 7 months ago.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Does anyone know how many Rockets were actually made in the first batch? I’ve been loving mine for the last 18 months or so but I definitely feel pretty lucky to have got one in the first place. There can’t be that many of them on the trails at the moment. I’m not sure I would have waited as long as some of you guys have for a new frame but those that have waited are going to get a really sweet ride.

Euro
    Free Member

but those that have waited are going to get a really sweet ride.

I hope so, but it could be a case of…. 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRXq8TKq-a8[/video]

brunse11
    Free Member

I believe there was 50 of the first batch of UK ones. Exclusive!

scruff
    Free Member

So, once the UK manufacturing is sorted has Cy mentioned anything about painting them with more than 2 colour choices? I say more but I can only ride black frames, with black on black muyda colorway.

philxx1975
    Free Member

So, once the UK manufacturing is sorted has Cy mentioned anything about painting them with more than 2 colour choices? I say more but I can only ride black frames, with black on black muyda colorway.

http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/rocket ,the colours are there looks like 4

chakaping
    Free Member

What’s the buzz on the 29er version, anyone?

oldejeans
    Free Member

The prototype 29er versions won masters cat and 16th in Elites at Afan UKGE but I’m guessing that’s all they are for now – prototypes, until the next batch of 26ers are out

merynella
    Free Member

Last advice was that there are plans for a 29er but they’re concentrating on getting the first 50 26ers out first.

On the 26ers… the black or white options for the rear ‘triangle’ are apparently for people to match with their fork colour. Also, there are design/manufacture changes to the shock linkage and mounting that will improve shock performance, save about 100 grams, and will enable use of a stealth dropper.

philxx1975
    Free Member

the black or white options for the rear ‘triangle’ are apparently for people to match with their fork colou

Are all forks black and white these days?

chakaping
    Free Member

The prototype 29er versions won masters cat and 16th in Elites at Afan UKGE but I’m guessing that’s all they are for now – prototypes, until the next batch of 26ers are out

Yeah that’s what made me think of them, looks like it could be a real contender in the AM 29er category (I won’t use the E word).

Nice to see a company doing things thoroughly and properly (if a bit slowly).

v666ern
    Free Member

oooh that green and black!
    Pretty sure those colours weren’t up yesterday or maybe it was just the selection under ‘check availability’

kelvin

That new product page went up yesterday, to coincide with Cy telling people who have pre-ordered UK frames about their options.

The black rear option came about because the team were using “murdered out” Pikes on Taiwaan frames with white rears, and it seemed pretty obvious that they would look better with matching black rears. So that option is available for those patient people who’ve ordered and already know what forks they’re planning on fitting.

Oh, black rears also come with black downtube panels, as the mockups suggest.

AlexSimon

Just done some photoshop work and I think they look better with white panels and white forks, but white is harder to clean. hmmmm.

chakaping
    Free Member

they look better with white panels and white forks,

But white Pikes look appalling with the black stanchions!

Other brands are available of course.

merynella
    Free Member

White Slants; wet wipes and small children for the cleaning – problem solved.

AlexSimon

Strike that – the panels have gone. It looks like the whole rear triangle is now single-colour.
    Not a fan. Don’t like this years Transition Coverts for the same reason.

oldejeans
    Free Member

But white Pikes look appalling with the black stanchions

not with the black and white rocket frame they don’t 8)

wet wipes and small children for the cleaning – problem solved.

oh I’m so happy to hear I’m not the only one 😳

v666ern
    Free Member

black and white rocket frame

?????????

superfli
    Free Member

I was chatting with one of the guys riding the 29 Rocket at UKGE at the weekend. I’m not sure if its been mentioned before (havent read all the thread), but he told me that they were being built with steel swingarms now? He might be talking about the 29 only, but would be worth investigating if you were buying. Site still says 7005 swingarm…

merynella
    Free Member

Rockets came in black and white in the 2012 batch.

Steel swingarm hasn’t been mentioned before.

philxx1975
    Free Member

but would be worth investigating if you were buying

what difference would it make, it says its steel in the whats new section

AlexSimon

I’d missed that ‘what’s new’ section:

The Rocket is now a made in the UK!

There are many detail improvements to the Rocket now we have full control of the manufacturing.

The most obvious change is the move to the horseshoe shock actuation. This gives better control over the spring rate deep in the travel and reduces the stress in the seatstay tubes at bottom out.

The latest Rocket also features our new Torque Box swingarm. A hollow shell steel head reduces weight over CNC aluminium parts and allows a far bigger cross brace, which improves torsional stiffness. Butted Reynolds 631 chainstays are stiffer laterally than the aluminium stays they replace for the same weight. Finally, the dropouts are now a steel/aluminium bonded hybrid construction which uses both materials to their best advantage.

Front triangles now feature routing for internal dropper seatposts just below the droplink mounting. To compliment this the external top tube routing for dropper seatposts is now bolt on P-clips for a cleaner look if you do have a Stealth post.

Now available in “that green” as well as the signature Cotic orange colour, and with a choice of black or white rear and panel, so that you can match the frame to your fork colour, or favourite jersey for that matter.

superfli
    Free Member

They need to update the frame spec section then:

Reynolds 853 Ovalform and DZB tubed front end brings precision, durability and strength
    44mm standard head tube designed with external bottom cup for taper steerer compatiblity and zero stack top cup for minimal stack height
    Oversized 35mm seat tube for super stiff support for the main suspension pivots
    31.6mm seatpost size is dropper seatpost compatible and the frame has hose clips for the remote under the top tube
    ISCG05 mounts on regular threaded bottom bracket bring drivetrain security and reliability
    Asymmetric 7005-T6 aluminium swingarm with Syntace X-12 142 x 12 rear axle
    15mm pivots for BB and droplink keep the frame solid front to rear
    Clearance for big tyres – 2.5″ DH tyres run with plenty of clearance
    Geometry for speed, fun and interaction using 140, 150 or 160mm forks. 66.5deg head angle and low 13.3″ BB with 150mm fork
    150mm of Cotic droplink suspension brings precision, fun and interaction via a strong progression rate on the linkage driven single pivot layout
    Sizes – 16″, 17.5″, 19″. The frames are designed to be compact and chuckable.
    Weight – 7.6lbs for the 16″ including Fox Float RL shock

As for difference, I dont know, but weight will almost certainly be affected.

merynella
    Free Member

The frame will be around 100g lighter.

AlexSimon

As for difference, I dont know, but weight will almost certainly be affected.

Did you read the above. It mentions weight twice. Once to say a component is lighter and another is the same.
    So overall, I imagine it will be unaffected.

Bonded dropouts sound scary though despite flying in bonded aeroplanes, etc, etc, etc.

Edit: beaten to it with an actual weight – 100g. Well done to them.

philxx1975
    Free Member

despite flying in bonded aeroplanes

bonded aeroplanes thus below

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65611-54-sqn-rotol-spitfire-i-march-1940-148/

chakaping
    Free Member

not with the black and white rocket frame they don’t

Is this a pic of it?

philxx1975
    Free Member

Is this a 2014 or 2015 bike, I’m drawjopped there’s no 650b as tbh if I was looking that’s where I would be going

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

drawjopped

I’m drawjopped too, quite frankly….

philxx1975
    Free Member

Seriously the textaphone predictive text auto-corrected , I like it though.

Northwind

Do you ever get the feeling Cy designed the Rocket purely to troll internet forums? LOL steel are teh heavies!

themightymowgli
    Free Member

So what’s the feeling on the new alu shock actuator thingermejig? I really liked the sweeping steel bars. They seemed different. I’d like to see them on a built frame.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘While we wait for the Cotic Rocket…’ is closed to new replies.