Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Which waterproofer?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

I need to get some new rewaterproofing agent for my stuff, but which to buy? I need something that’s good for waterproof biking jackets and shorts but also good for my down jacket and the kids waterproof coats that get washed loads.

Do I want to get something like the Nikwax TX wash in so that it treats everything? Or do I want to get something that you spray on the outer surface only? Or does it not matter?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Ballistol Pluvonin ..buy it online

jsync

There was a thread a few weeks back that listed some and pointed out the nasties that were in them. I’m sure someone knowledgeable will post shortly….

ibnchris

Nikwax TX direct for your waterproofs – recommend washing them in Nikwax Tech Wash first (or another non detergent based cleaner). Just make sure you don’t wash in regular detergent.

For Down Nikwax also do something called ‘Down wash direct’ and ‘Down Proof’. If you’ve got hydrophobic down in your jacket you only need the Down wash direct really. But if it’s not hydrophobic already I’d recommend washing it in the Down wash direct and then washing it in Down Proof. That will add proofing to the Down and the outer of your jacket.

No nasties in Nikwax stuff.

Hope that helps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Which waterproofer?’ is closed to new replies.