which waterproof pants/longs

Home Forum Bike Forum which waterproof pants/longs

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • which waterproof pants/longs
  • benw

I need some waterproof longs for mtb riding.i was looking for something that will not slip around too much on the saddle and not to tight at the ankle that i can’t get it over my shimano winter shoes/boots.any advice/recommendations accepted.Ta Ben

Premier Icon Suggsey
    Subscriber

I got hold of some 2012 altura attack longs and they were the dogs danglies in least nights torrential rain and mud. Paired with a Lake boot I finished the ride with lovely warm bone dry feet, damp knickers from the sweat but not soaked and a stupid sense of achievement. The newer ones have some handy thigh vents too now.

jonk

Got some gore alp-x they are fantastic but pricey.

wilsation

Doesn’t matter what you buy, 3 or 4 washes in and the waterproofing will be gone forever.

woolymonster

+1 for Altura Attacks

tang

I’m taking a punt on these. Should work with your boots. I’ll report back when they arrive.
    http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k6/a112930/rs-event-pant-black.html

blooddonor

What size have you gone for @tang. & what size are you, height, waist etc,cheers 🙂

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

I dont think Altura make the Attack X anymore (the one with the vents), you might find a pair of NOS somewhere though.

The current model is the Attack 360, bit lighter and simpler, seemed pretty good to me last weekend and kept my feet dry and me warm and not very sweaty when riding all day in Wales, no rain though.

nickhart

Just bought some endura mt500 trousers which seem to be fab so far. Really comfy and don’t move around unnecessarily.

tang

The sugois have arrived. They look pretty good, well constructed and light. I do like event fabric and the reinforcing is in the right places. Glad I went for the mediums, I’m a 32/33 waist and they’re not tight. 33 inseam is spot on for me, allows for leg movement. Long calf side zips are gusseted but not with waterproof material, so hope the zip cover flap is good enough as the zip is not waterproof. This could be the only downer.

iain65

I got a pair of Endura Stealth Extreme about a year and a half ago, they are still fully waterproof bar a very small amount on the knee cap in extreme wetness. Complely changed wet, wintrer riding for me. Also use a pair of Endura overshoes over Shimano boots so completely dry in all conditions.
    The only downside is that you over-heat above 6 deg C 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘which waterproof pants/longs’ is closed to new replies.