Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Which waterproof jacket under £100 ?
  • oldfart

Would like the Endura MT500 but don’t like the price 🙄 I see Alpkit make one Argonaut how bike specific is it ? Not fussed about a hood , usually get Altura just wondered if I should be looking at anything else ? Looking for a bargain really 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

I usually just see what’s in the sales and check it doesn’t have horrible reviews.

Cyclestore are always worth a look… jackets here

LeeW

Bought a Sugoi something or other off Sportpuruit for £90, easily the best jacket I’ve ever used.

Genuinely surprised how good it was.

dirkpitt74

Altura Mayhem 2 at Evans for £71.99 if you don’t mind it in black.

dirkpitt74

Altura Mayhem 2 at Evans for £71.99 if you don’t mind black.

mark90
    Free Member

Someone always recommends the Decathlon one for 60 quid. Looks decent.

CraigW
    Free Member

Keela Saxon, usually available for about £60.

al2000

Sugoi NeoShell off SportPursuit – very good indeed.

scotthep
    Free Member

There’s a few MT500’s on ebay. Depending on what size you are think the black small one is 95 pound. Take a look.

I’ve just bought one, the orange one from cyclestore for 125. Highly recommended it’s a great jacket so far.

ajantom

As above, look around in sales. I got a Polaris Granite XO Storm for £50 (RRP £145) in one of my LBS last year.

oldfart

Does anyone know if the Endura Singletrack on Cyclestore for £49.99 is a Women’s ?

Poopscoop

Just ordered one from eBay for £12. I’ll let you know what’s it’s like! Lol

bungalistic
    Free Member

The one on Cyclestore looks like the older mens jacket (I have one in black). Also take a look in Go Outdoors they often have good deals on well known brands (RAB, Montane etc). I picked up an OEX (never heard of them either) for under £90 and it’s been great so far, not bike specific but hood fits over helmet and it has a slight dropped tail too (though less than MTB specific jackets).

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Pace

fudge9202
    Free Member

+1 keela Saxon , ordered one following earlier thread, great pics of kit really happy with it £57 on Amazon

johnnystorm

Alpkit email arrived today, Argonaut has £20 off.

cleetonator

I picked up a goretex berghaus mountain jacket for £35 off ebay on the weekend. Might be worth a look?

spw3

As mentioned above: Pace.

onehundredthidiot

Tog24 have some good deals
    On the clearance page

oldfart

Berghaus and Tog24 ? Should have said it’s for MTBing

mikertroid
    Free Member

The Decathlon one (Forclaz) around £60 is excellent. I’ve got a couple, one for work and one for the bike.

Your search is over.

oldfart

Ended up finding Altura 540 their top of the tree for £48 odd! Supposed to retail at £170?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I wouldn’t spend 170 quid on anything made by Altura, everything I’ve had from them has been garbage. Hopefully your jacket is the exception.

craig24
    Free Member

I can highly recommend the Endura MT500, best jacket I’ve had.

Poopscoop

Well, turns out my cheap eBay one is actually pretty good!

I doubt it has any breathability to speak of but for my purposes it’s fine.

cleetonator

Well, turns out my cheap eBay one is actually pretty good!

As is mine. Gore-Tex Pro Shell, long-ish body with dropped tail, long arms, pit zips, storm flaps and a removable hood. Perfect for biking and will probably stand up to a good few ‘offs’

onehundredthidiot

This one from tog24 is slightly heavier than the wife’s mt500 and has more reflective tape and a rear pocket, so pretty bike orientated.

X-Over Mens Milatex Jacket – Fire Red

jimdubleyou

@PoopScoop  @Cleetonator –  have you got a link?

edit: or were they one-offs?

jeffl

I’ve got the decathlon inner linked to above. Not as a bike jacket busy just as a general waterproof jacket. Had it about a year and it still beads nicely and it’s never had a wash. I have long arms and the arm fit is really good.

Poopscoop

Please remember, these are only £12 delivered and it will be a bit boil in the bag…. But it will do me as I am on a budget.👍

Tonnes of colours too….

Here

Poopscoop

Cleetonator

As is mine. Gore-Tex Pro Shell, long-ish body with dropped tail, long arms, pit zips, storm flaps and a removable hood.

Just to be clear to anyone thinking of my ultra cheap option, Clees’ jacket is in a different league to the one I’ve got from his description!

Pays your money and takes your choice…😉

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Which waterproof jacket under £100 ?’ is closed to new replies.