Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which van?
  • notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

My current vivaro is in its 12th year and gearbox is showing signs it maybe on the way out
    Looking to replace with something a little smaller but with more seats

Anyone got any feed back on the lwb crew cabs? I’m leaning towards a doblo/combo at the moment
    Looking to spend 7000 ish

andrewh
    Free Member

Caddy was really nice to drive, maybe Caddy-Maxi? They seem pricey though and I’ve not had one long-term.

DickBarton

How much smaller and how many seats?

PeteT

Depends why you want a smaller van, but some of these small vans aren’t actually that small. Eg a caddy maxi is obviously lower, but it’s actually about 10cm longer than a Vivaro!

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Looking for a crew cab as there are times when 3 seats isn’t enough but want the load space at other times.

tthew

If you could get one in budget, I can highly recommended the Transit Connect. The bottom of the range one is a bit basic but the middle one gets the quick clear windscreen, DAB radio and stuff.

I went from an Expert to this, the only thing that isn’t as good in smaller vans is headroom in the back.

Oh yeah, 3rd front seats aren’t a given in vans that size, and where they do have them they are a real squash because the vans are narrower.

DickBarton

Berlingo van can have 3 seats up front…tight though.

maccruiskeen

Berlingo van can have 3 seats up front…tight though

Not just for width – the person in the middle seat needs to be an amputee. There’s no room for legs (or more specifically knees) between the seat and the dash-mounted gearstick

crew cab vans will typically have a bulkhead behind the seats and even if you take that out it’s not a given that the seats will fold / remove readily because they are are sold / specced on the expectation that the bulkhead is permanent. For tax reasons the load space behind the seats tends to be short (there’s a ratio of load to passenger space that’s part of the DPV definition for tax and the regs stipulate the second row of seats are ‘permanently ftted’)

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

My current vivaro is tight for 3 in the front so can see the berligo being a real squeeze!
    Very important that the rear seats fold or can be removed, not fussed about head room I won’t be sitting in them

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which van?’ is closed to new replies.