Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • which uppy downy seat post do you recommend or not ?
  • sofaking
    Free Member

pro and cons etc.

thanks in advance

ruscle
    Free Member

Reverb, £190 from HIBIKE. Light, smooth, best looking and mine has been very reliable.

ssjeff
    Free Member

My Thomson goes up and down

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Reverb, had a thomson before that, the reverb is much smoother and quicker to raise up and down on the move, and doesn’t get scratched in the process thanks to the clever seal/lubrication system.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got a KS950 and have had no problems with it. Keep it fairly well maintained and it’s pretty easy to strip, clean and re-lube.

If I was buying a new one I’d go Reverb, don’t know why though as my KS has been great and I’ve read lots of Reverb problems. Must be the RockShox marketing!

sambob
    Free Member

Not heard a bad thing about the X-Fusion HiLo yet, might be worth a look.

portlyone

Joplin 3, £80: no issues at all through around 11 months use. And I’m a heavy rider (had it covered in an old inner tube for most of its time).

People think I’m touching myself in an intimate position when I’m pulling the lever 😉

nosedive
    Free Member

my command post is excellent. that is a scientific sample of 1 post, used for about 2 weeks.

I like the fact it has a pre-set mid position

I dont like the fact it returns with enough force to bring tears to the eyes and has a rubbish remote lever that feels all wobbly

honourablegeorge

KS i900 here, have it about a year, never serviced, only issue was the cable got a bit sticky. Bought new cables to replace it, but it’s working perfectly again, so haven’t bothered. Opened it to grease it yesterday, barely a speck inside, despite me riding in slop half of the time.

RS4KEV

I’m fortunate (insert other comment here) to have a reverb on one bike and a gravity dropper on the other, both being remotes. I’ve had the GD on my FS for a year or so. On the FS I like the one position on/off, I only use it on steep descents as suspension does the rest. It’s cable operated so easy to alter length to fit frame.

I’ve recently bought the reverb for the hardtail as i seem to alter the height of saddle a lot depending on where riding. Very smooth and easy to set but is a bit of a nut cruncher as above.

Happy with both and no issues.

zedhead
    Free Member

Portlyone – excellent, you’ve given me the excuse I need to buy an uppy-downy post… 🙂

tollah
    Free Member

My Command post seems OK round the garden ;-), first proper tryout will be either tomorrow night or Sunday.

steve_b77
    Free Member

My Joplin 3’s been fine, bar one minor glitch that 2pure sorted in an awesome 3 day turnaround

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘which uppy downy seat post do you recommend or not ?’ is closed to new replies.