which tyres for the Yorkshire dales?

Home Forum Bike Forum which tyres for the Yorkshire dales?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • which tyres for the Yorkshire dales?
  • Sorry for tyre post but anyhow I’m heading up there this weekend, just wondering if any locals could give me some tyre advice?

Mud tyres (mud X) or my big earls?

Thanks!

Does anyone else change tires depending which county they’re in?

MRanger156

Its pretty wet up here although some routes in the dales are pretty rocky and drain well.

Haha Ben…. Sometimes, Round here in sussex it is a complete mudfest at the moment , so I wouldn’t leave home without mud tyres on. However I believe some places are rockier. Not been to the dales before so I’ve no idea what the trails are like. 😉

I was trolling a little. I live in Leeds and ride the Dales alot; tends to be well drained and rocky on the ups/downs but can be boggy on the moors. You will find mud but it shouldn’t be shocking

neninja

As above most trails are pretty well drained. If you are crossing some of the moors it can be hard work as it gets boggy but I doubt you’d need a full on mud tyre.

Take both sets of tyres with you and start your ride from the Dales Bike Centre – they’ll be able to tell you.

Dave

Take both sets and keep swapping between them on sections of the trails according to conditions?

Take both sets of tyres with you and start your ride from the Dales Bike Centre – they’ll be able to tell you.

& Stu will say, ‘neither, you need some of… theeeese’

Well he would if he was me, cos that’s what I’d do. & then, because you believe it, you’d actually buy some & no matter how the ride went, you’d think they were awesome!

Stu’s honest though, unlike me. 😉

fisha

Can I suggest round tyres … preferably black in colour …maybe with some knobbly bits here and there pointing outwards.

I just dont get the fixation with tyres these days…

FunkyDunc

Tyres are the least of your worries. Have you also taken in to consideration the prevailing wind in the Yorkshire Dales? It can have a massive impact on deciding which bike you should ride.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘which tyres for the Yorkshire dales?’ is closed to new replies.