• This topic has 69 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Which TV series have you rediscovered?
  • bensales
    Free Member

Baywatch.

No, I’m not joking. The remastered HD versions on Amazon Prime are a great bit of easy watching.

MrOvershoot

Not so much rediscovered but watch over and over again:

Father Ted
    IT Crowd
    Phoenix Nights
    Fast Show
    Porridge
    Blackadder

Do I care if its not highbrow or anyone else likes it…. No but it makes me & the wife happy 🙂

sharkattack

The A-Team.

I get in from work just before 5 every day and there’s a double bill starting on 5 Spike.

When I was a small child it was an action packed thrill ride. Now, it looks pretty terrible but I still love it. I love the wonky sets that explode every time someone bumps into them. I love the clunky fight scenes and old fashioned practical stunt work. It’s also good for spotting well known actors who are either on their way up, or down, in their careers.

My girlfriend pretends she hates it but laughs her head off at Mad Murdock.

Kojak.

Kojak is excellent.

senorj

Mr overshoot is welcome round ours for a play date anytime. All of that list +1!
    I also love old top of the pops ,young ones & the league of gentlemen.

easily
    Free Member

I’ve just watched Misfits again – it was great.

A couple of years ago I rewatched Blake’s 7 – it wasn’t.

Next on my rewatch list is Generation Kill, which I reckon is the best tv I’ve ever seen.

MrOvershoot

senor j

Subscriber

Mr overshoot is welcome round ours for a play date anytime. All of that list +1!
    I also love old top of the pops ,young ones & the league of gentlemen.

Oh yes “pans people pre Lycra” & some proper 70’s glam rock + early punk that left the presenters audience a bit bemused.
    The young one was filmed round the corner from where I was living and at school at the same time.
    I’m still skimming league of gentlemen as I missed most of it first time round 🙁

benw
    Free Member

Bullseye

Cougar

Oh yeah, League of Gentlemen. Kinda passed me by first time around bar the odd episode here and there. I binge-watched the lot when the new episodes came out a little while ago.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Re-watch fawlty towers every now and again. Some of the things the major says are a bit fruity.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ambulance was back on the BBC last night, I’m missing Manchester 🙁 next series we’re back in London 😞 which reminds me, I need to check I’ve actually been paid!

patagonian
    Free Member

Dangerman, loved spotting all the locations where I grew up. The studios didn’t travel very far in those days, the “hotel in Geneva” was actually the pub in Shepperton where I spent my teenage years.

kennyp
    Free Member

Currently working my way through box sets of Man About the House and the two spin offs, George and Mildred and Robin’s Nest. Classic sitcoms.

Also been watching The Professionals. The car coming through the window is still the best ever opening shot.

andrewreay

Have introduced my two girls to the A Team recently.

It still has great appeal, for all the shonky sets and implausible escapes.

There’s a remake of MacGyver on Sky / Now TV which my eldest enjoys. Despite more gloss and hyperbolic plots (defusing WMDs most weeks) it’s enjoyable enough, and more appealing than I remember the original.

Some dodgy science though – using a massive magnet to capture a baddy who had lots of titanium plates in their bones.

But jolly japes none the less. And Stokesy from CSI.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge. Superb.

I also got a download of the original R4 series and it’s some of the funniest radio ever.

RustySpanner

Most of the above.
    🙂

And Hustle. Watched most of them again now, a bit variable but quality.

And of course, Columbo. About half way through. Genius.

I’d like to see Hill St Blues again, but scared it won’t live up to the memories.

burko73

Can you get tour of duty on prime then? That was a post pub/ chippy classic when I was a certain age.

CountZero

I enjoyed The Prisoner when it got re-shown some years back, still a very strange programme.

Poopscoop

Rome.

Best historical series ever. You can almost smell the blood and dust.

dair86
    Free Member

Watched the 1st and 2nd series of auf wiedersehen pet a few months back. Brilliant bit of writing.

Also tutti frutti from the late 80s. A show about a fictional rock and roll show band from Glasgow. Written by Jon Byrne stars Robbie Coltrane, Emma Thomson and Richard Wilson. Music and the one liners are brilliant. Probably one of the best TV shows the BBC ever made. It was famously only ever shown on TV once due to the rights on the music. Find it n DVD or online, you will thank me later

rOcKeTdOg

The tomorrow people

redthunder
    Free Member

I like watching the Star Trek (original) episodes when i stumble on them.

Dads Army
    MyGyver
    Magnum PI

There was an old series about Flying boat, flying tigers theme. pacific island, indiana jones type tv program I liked.

Cant remember the name or ever seen it again.

perchypanther
    Free Member

There was an old series about Flying boat, flying tigers theme. pacific island, indiana jones type tv program I liked.

Tales of the Golden Monkey

redthunder
    Free Member

@perchy
    Thats the one 🙂

Off to YouTube now 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Just watching League of Gentlemen for the first time – pretty good although some of the homosexual/lesbian/trans references are past their ‘time’…

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

It’s surprising how old League of Gentleman actually is now.
    Bit highbrow, but I’ve been working my way through Johnathan Meades’ old programmes on YT.
    Are people watching The Prisoner online or DVD? I loved the original series when C4 showed it in the 90’s. Anyone remember that dreadful reimagining from 10-or-so years ago?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Parks & Recreation – watched it in little chunks when it was on terrestrial a few years ago. Started watching the whole thing properly and in order. Probably my favourite American sit-com. Season 4 has been absolute genius.

Michael Schur created P&R he also wrote/produced for The Office (US), and created Brooklyn 99 and The Good Place. Some talent.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I thought Parks and Recreation was good for a while, but petered out towards the end. Ron Swanson though is one of the best characters on TV for a very long time. Did you know that all that woodwork is actually all his, er, woodwork?

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

+1 for Farscape. One of the best sci-fi series I’ve seen.

I might give Lexx another viewing.

Watched first two episodes of Banshee last night. Another good ott action series

Cougar

Gotta laugh. 20 years ago, Farscape, “yes but, Muppets.” Today, “ooh that new Dark Crystal series looks really good.”

MSP

After being so so disappointed with the Monkey reboot, I went back and watched the originals, still great fun. I am never sure if the “original” japanese series is the same fruity fun as the dubbed version, but I like to think so, and my adolescent confusion about Tripitaka still persists.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Which TV series have you rediscovered?’ is closed to new replies.