• This topic has 69 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Which TV series have you rediscovered?
  • IHN

Currently started watching Extras in my lunch break. I’d forgotten how excellent it is/was, properly funny.

And as of a couple of weeks ago we’ve started rewatching The Sopranos, and it’s ruining the rest of television for us all over again…

DezB
    Free Member

I Sky+ed a load of Shooting Stars off UK Gold and dip in occasionally. Still hilarious, especially the clips

Obviously not to everyone’s taste (Drac?) and I don’t really care!

johnners
    Free Member

Bodies on iPlayer. Apart from the mobiles and long sleeves on the wards it has aged very well, just give the Season 2 “Finale” a swerve, it’s very below par.

johnners
    Free Member

Oh, and Early Doors. The police are priceless. To the regiment!

qwerty
    Free Member

Currently binging rather unhealthily & adddictively on The Shield……….

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Love Geordie jeans 😂

IHN

Oh, and Early Doors.

Do you like circuses? 🙂

trailwagger
    Free Member

Mitchell and Webb for the last few nights…

“COME ON BOFFINS, NOW LETS GET THIS SORTED!”

scaled
    Free Member

I want to get round to rewatching The Wire and The West Wing, unfortunately that’s about 4 years worth of TV right there

johnners
    Free Member

Do you like circuses?

No, they’re shite.

zilog6128

Currently binge-rewatching The Shield which is awesome! Picked up on something I hadn’t noticed/considered before so I google it & it’s something other people had wondered as well (does Dutch evolve into a serial killer himself by the end?)

weeksy

Dr Who.

I’m not sure how many me and my 10 year old have watched, but we’re running out now !

I do ask myself though, why are Blakes7 and the old Tom Baker Dr Who not on any TV ?

Drac

Rewatched loads of Henry Enfield a few weeks ago. Absolutely brilliant still and Tory Boy still relevant.

Shooting Stars was must see TV for me such random humour and some great sketches. Sorry to disappoint DezB

IHN

I want to get round to rewatching The Wire and The West Wing, unfortunately that’s about 4 years worth of TV right there

154 West Wings + 60 Wires = 214 episodes in total. At three episodes a night that’s a mere 71.3 nights, so just over two months, and that’s not even including any all day weekend binges. Kids these days, no work ethic… 😉

benz
    Free Member

Aeronauts, or as it was originally Les chevaliers du ciel.

A real blast from school holidays when I was a child.

The Mirage IV @ Yorkshire Air Museum is impressive in a hard cold war way….

perchypanther
    Free Member

Daredevil S3 and Jessica Jones s2

Overdosed on the Netflix Marvel series and then chucked it without watching these.

Cougar

Not necessarily “rediscovered” as I never undiscovered them, but I’m currently rewatching Buffy, Angel and Farscape.

IHN

I’m currently rewatching Buffy

For the ‘plot’ no doubt, you dirty boy 😉

captain_bastard
    Free Member

I’ve just rediscovered Tripods on YouTube, is as awesome and rubbish as I remember it

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Still Game, absolute genius. I’ve just got to the end of series 9 (I think it’s only been shown on BBC Scotland so far) and that last episode I wasn’t expecting it to get so dusty in here…

Kryton57

Place in the Sun.  I like it, Wife hates it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

24. Seasons 1 had its high spots but had that dead middle half a dozen episodes when they didn’t know if the series was going to be completed. S2 – S5 were brilliant. The others were a bit more variable.
    Elementary bears a relook. Blacklist again had high spots but got patchy at times.
    Watched The Prisoner (UK original series) recently. Hasn’t dated too well.
    Still never seen The Shield, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire, only seen the first 20 minutes of S1E1 of Game of thrones. Never saw Prison Break or Lost.
    So much to look forward to.

Oooh nearly forgot, still got a soft spot for Dollhouse, season 1 was my favourite, Dichen Lachman, Eliza Dushku and Olivia Williams! Oh and Firefly as well for being brilliant, space cowboys in a Chinese influenced universe. Somebody should let that Whedon bloke make a movie.

scotroutes

Cougar – I never did Buffy or Farscape either. I’ve tried the latter but I can’t get over the stupid flying muppet.

I’m currently re-watching Lost. Still weird but I now appreciate the characters more – and the long story telling.

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry to disappoint DezB

Happy there’s another crossover! 🙂

scud
    Free Member

I recently started watching Tour of Duty after it randomly came up on Amazon, TV series about Vietnam that ran from 1987-90, remember staying up late as a young man to watch it and re-watching it now brings it back.

zilog6128

Not rediscovered as I’ve never seen it before, but inspired to watch The Prisoner after visiting Portmerion recently!

DezB
    Free Member

Kryton57

Place in the Sun.

Watching old series of that would be a little odd 😆

Bregante

Oh, and Early Doors. The police are priceless. To the regiment!

Phil and Nige. They’re based on and named after two long since retired community beat bobbies who worked in Stockport who had a somewhat colourful reputation. A good mate of mine remembers them from when he first joined in the late 80’s and apparently the characters weren’t very far off being accurate portrayals of the real thing.

renton
    Free Member

Californication !!

Absolutely brilliant.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I do ask myself though, why are Blakes7 and the old Tom Baker Dr Who not on any TV ?

Not sure Blakes 7 ever got repeated since early 80s. A shame really. I’ve watched those to death on DVD. Can’t get enough of “maximum power” Servalan. Classic Doctor Who has a run on some of the more obscure satellite channels at times, and last couple years Twitch has been streaming every available episode back to back.

I don’t rediscover much old stuff as that’s all I ever watch anyway. I’m stuck in the 70s / 80s and maybe 90s mostly for TV. Certainly post 2000 so much is dire or overlong and drawn-out (odd thing to say given I’ll watch 6 to 10 part very padded episodes of old 60s/70s Doctor Who!).

Of modern stuff, only Doctor Who, and enjoyed BSG reboot even though it dragged a bit in places. Even Game of Thrones I got bored with. Stuck on 7th series and can’t be bothered. Not sure I’d ever re-watch it.

Blackadder – rewatch endlessly. Red Dwarf the same. The Prisoner also. People I know always banging on about this or that new series and I just don’t have the time or energy to invest in it.

Anyway, one rediscover on my list though, but yet to do… A Very Peculiar Practice. Got it, I just haven’t got round to watching it. Will be first I’ve seen it since it was shown (mid 80s I think). Loved it at the time. Very weird.

ajaj
    Free Member

“Not sure Blakes 7 ever got repeated since early 80s.”

Blake’s 7 definitely got repeated on one of the cable channels around 2000. It’s not as good as you remember.

Cougar

For the ‘plot’ no doubt, you dirty boy 😉

Faith.

Sigh.

Cougar – I never did Buffy or Farscape either. I’ve tried the latter but I can’t get over the stupid flying muppet.

Yeah, the Henson creatures were a barrier to entry for some. It’s worth persevering with though, it’s some of the finest sci-fi ever made (Firefly notwithstanding).

Cougar

enjoyed BSG reboot even though it dragged a bit in places

I really enjoyed BSG, but the ending was abject twaddle.

DezB
    Free Member

Of modern stuff, only Doctor Who

I switched channels over the weekend to avoid something and the Matt Smith Dr. Who was on. I wuz riveted! And it certainly wasn’t the Dr. or the plot. Dirty boy. Series link set 😆

timbog160

Edge of Darkness….Nuff Said

z1ppy

if were recommending old tv series, I loved “Better off Ted” and “Life” (Damian Lewis series) though the ending was bodged as it was cut a series short.. I’d re-watch them both but can’t find them (unless I want to pay).

As for farscape, yes I loved it but couldn’t get my partner past the flying muppet, to re-watch it with her. I did watch all of stargate series (Universe was the best of that, another great series cancelled while shite still get produced) a few years ago and enjoyed watching them add in the farscape crew (well 2 of them)

Nico
    Free Member

The Avengers. With Diana Rigg.

twistedpencil

Need to go back to Deadwood before the movie lands…

alexpalacefan

Kojak.

fooman

My kids were too young to appreciate The IT Crowd first time round, having a hoot watching it again with them now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Which TV series have you rediscovered?’ is closed to new replies.