Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which tubeless ready cyclo cross tires?
  • RoterStern
    Free Member

Got my first cross race of the season this weekend and I am just building up my cross bike again. I have splashed out on some new wheels and have gone for a set of Hope hubs with Stan’s rims. What are anybody’s experience of tubeless ready tires? Which ones work well tubeless and which don’t. I have ordered some Rocket Rons from Schwalbe to start with as they were the only manufacturer that seemed to state they were tubeless ready.

oldgit
    Free Member

Will the tubeless work at the very low pressures?

RoterStern
    Free Member

Will the tubeless work at the very low pressures?

No idea but hoping they wíll. I have been using inner tubes until now but got sick of either puncturing when using low pressures or having no grip when the tires were too hard. Tubular seem to be too much a faff.

oliverracing

I’m using a set of Vittoria XG pro 34mm – not tubeless specific – but works great – especially as I’m using old non tubeless campy zondas with a bit old electrical tape – 35psi front – 38psi rear and i’m 155lbs by the way – this combo grips great and not pinched or burped when at this pressure (but did at 28-33psi)

dobo
    Free Member

Have a look here, theres some useful cx tubeless info

Going Tubeless for Cyclocross – Avoiding the Burp, Choosing the Best Tires, and a DIY System (Updated, Part III)

I’m really tempted to try my Michelin mud2 tubeless as i have spare valves and yellow tape from my spare mtb wheels. im just not sure how successful it will be on my planet x model B wheels. they arnt as wide as your stans rims but seem to have a fairly good bead hook.

really dont want a tubeless disaster on my saturday cx race though.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve got some Stans Ravens on 355 rims. Pricey but shithot.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve been considering the kenda kwicker. Interesting about the Schwalbe tyres. Last time I asked about the EVO designation, they told me is was tubeless ready on mtb tyres but not on ‘cross tyres.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which tubeless ready cyclo cross tires?’ is closed to new replies.