Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which team or club kit do you find memorable or instantly recognisable ?
  • For those who ride in big events with hundreds of riders.
    Amongst the sea of multi coloured lycra, which ones do you instantly recognise as having seen before and which ones do you find stand out from the crowd ?

For me it's;
    Torq, bright orange with Squeeze Me or Fast Food written across the bum.
    Army Cycling, bold colours and a plain text logo
    Halesowen A&CC, maybe it's because they are fairly local to me that I remember them, but those purple jerseys stand out a mile.

So, none then. 🙁

Onzadog
    Free Member

Showing my age, but team hotpies and schmoos always stood out back in the day.

clubber
    Free Member

On the basis that I get quite a few people asking to join because they keep seeing loads of our jerseys at races, ours.

stumpy01

Torq & Army ones as you mentioned, plus Thetford MTB race team. Oh, and Team Pork Pie.

I think the Wiggle team at the Enduro 6 were quite bright.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Torq are obvious ones, I always recognise Certini (orange white) and Shred (Black and Green) but mostly because they're local teams to me, so exchanges of abuse as we pass…

I like the look of Hope's kit.

On the international side of things CRC dh kit

Team SKY

oldgit
    Free Member

Manchester Wheelers and VC Moulin.

Down here they've all gone orange/blue/white, except Aylesbury which almost looks like an Italian national jersey.

Shackleton

Team Teacake. The jerseys are pi$$ takes of the TDF king of the mountains red and white spotty jersey where the red dots are Tunnocks tea cake logos.

Always make me smile.

rootes1

schmoos

stood out but looked crap at the same time!

rkk01
    Free Member

Not mtb / club, but certainly distinctive…

Sportlife Panasonic

snakebite
    Free Member

GT Team colours from back in the day.

rkk01
    Free Member

GT Team colours from back in the day.

Hah – it was the "custard tin" Panasonic and GT team jerseys (blue with yellow arms / "splashes") that I had with my first proper bike!!!

For some reason the GT one stayed in my drawer, but the custard tin got binned

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which team or club kit do you find memorable or instantly recognisable ?’ is closed to new replies.