Which Super Fast Road Frame???

Home Forum Bike Forum Which Super Fast Road Frame???

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Which Super Fast Road Frame???
  • TiRed

Getting there. I think a 90mm stem looks a little short. What size is the bike and how tall are you. Arm position on the hoods is a good guide to fit, but you can go lower yet (if you want to try). I have slammed the stem, but found that the drops are too low and I don’t use them as much as if they are a little higher. So net speed is slower, because I’m on the hoods more..

Anyway, did it feel more racy 😉 ?

Stevo210

I think a 90mm stem looks a little short. What size is the bike and how tall are you.

Well the bike is a Small and I’m only 5’7″, plus my torso is a little shorter than my legs! (hobbit)

Report: Well went out for a spin last night as yes I had a positive experience on the whole. The lowering of the bars made a big difference to climbing ability enabling to get lower and over the front wheel better which aided power transfer, felt more connected to the bike.

On the flats the bars felt a little more racey as I was tucked down slightly, which I liked and was very comfortable with. Whether it was any faster or not is another matter.

However, I had rotated the bars a little to drop the hoods from their previous position (which I thought were a little too high from the start)and may have gone a degree or so too far. Out of the saddle pushing on the flats felt a little twitchy than before, maybe I’ve mistaken this for sharper handling! I’m pretty sure id have issues with reach on a longer stem, so I’ll stick with this for the time being.

Other than that it has been a positive experience so far.
    I’m borrowing some tri-bars this evening for the next stage of keeping my wallet in check…….but cant stop looking at Mavic Ksyrium SLR 🙁

TiRed

Set the bar angle by what feels comfortable on the drops, then move the brakes to suit (not vice versa, which is the norm). Untaping and moving the STI levers is pretty easy.

And it should be comfy on the drops, that’s what they are for!

Premier Icon paulosoxo
    Subscriber

I’ve got an N2A, and I love it. Great bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Which Super Fast Road Frame???’ is closed to new replies.