Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Which steel 29er HT? : moon+stick requirement
  • mark.t
    Free Member

There are certainly a lot of choices – even for just UK steel frames. I ended up going for a Pace RC529. Partially because I always wanted one as a kid when they used to make the box-section framed RC100. It’s due early May. I have most of the parts or are on order, so very keen to get hold of the frame now .. I thought I could easly wait! 😀

Enjoy the Big Wig – it was top of my list, before the Pace took over 🙂

BillOddie

The Sonder Signal ST I put together for the kid went together nicely and all the angles look “right” to me…

hp_source

I’d say look at an Orange P7 29er, but I’ve just checked and it’s July at the earliest.

Having said that, I do love mine, I’m just under 6″ with a similar long body, shorter legs issue and ride a large size frame. Mine was 2019 model so 130mm forks, this years has gone to 140mm

P7 on bridge

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slimjim78
    Free Member

despite that have pulled the trigger on a Squatch.

I came <-this close-> to buying a Squatch. Please come back and let us know your impressions after yourlve ridden it.
    It certainly looks the part, I imagine the paint looks amazing in the flesh and there are lots of really nice touches on the frame design.
    My fear would be a squashed cockpit but you can always potentially size up as the seat tube is pretty short

slimjim78
    Free Member

The Sonder Signal ST I put together for the kid went together nicely

Very tidy! If I wasn’t so impatient I’d probably have bought one myself, the copper looks brilliant and it has to be pretty much the best value out there in an industry of inflated prices.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’d say look at an Orange P7 29er

Fab looking thing. Yes, the wait is a bit long for me. Also feel a couple of its contenders have a few more fine details than the orange when comparing features, but I’d definitely still happily ride one

lucasshmucas

That Signal and P7 look ace. I too would probably have gone for a Signal ST if they had one in my size. Squatch should arrive this week, but it’s frame only so I need to move parts over. I very nearly went for a Big Al based on the Hardtail Party review, but the reach is on the short side in XL at 480mm and Ragley also recommend a 140mm fork and mine is 130mm. Neither are huge issues but it was enough to push me towards the Squatch.

@SlimJim78
    I’m looking forward to reading your ride report when it arrives.

Mini-PSA – Plush Hill cycles have two Big Al frames in stock in XL, if anyone is looking for a frame.

Northwind

Nice Moxie! It’d be about 100000% better if the seatstays weren’t above the seattube but it’s still ace, great colour

cheers_drive

I’m holding out for the Stainless Steel Bird HT. I’m sure there is no advantage over cromoly other than not rusting but I like shiny things

mattvanders
    Free Member

Woah, that prices up favourably! Any further fall out with customers post ‘Sick’ debacle?..

I end up buying one of the sell off frames. As a whole process i’m pretty happy with it. That was 2 years ago now (how time flies) and geometry has caught up a fair bit with the mass market so there are other options about. Think I would be buying off the peg now if I wanted something 64 degrees head angle, custom if any more. I don’t think his involvement with sick has hurt his reputation, in fact I would say the complete opposite.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Which steel 29er HT? : moon+stick requirement’ is closed to new replies.