Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which Stans NoTubes kit for 26mm Rim?
  • stevepitch
    Free Member

Fancy a foray into tubeless so have been looking at the Stans kits but dont know if I should go for the normal or freeride kit?

The rims on my specialized pitch are 26mm according to the website which is bang in the middle of the two kits with the normal kit for rims 21.5 – 24.5mm and the freeride kit for rims 27mm + ❓

So er…….which one do you guys reckon?

Cheers

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

electrical tape, some valves cut out of old tubes and some sealant.

much cheaper.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i’m talking about tubeless-ready wheels, btw.

stevepitch
    Free Member

Er anyone else or am I wasting my time?

rewski
    Free Member

I’d stick with tubes TBH.

stevepitch
    Free Member

Fair shout maybe I’ll do that

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

*shrugs* i’ve done 4 like this in the past month.

nuke

Go for the Rhyno Lite rim strip…that’s 25mm to 28mm. Unfortunate that they don’t do those with the kit. Guess you could get the strips, use electrical tape instead of yellow tape then you only need to get some sealant…slightly more than the kit but not much.

Just gone tubeless on a WTB non-tubeless rim with a Notubes tubeless kit and its working really well. I went tubeless as I didn’t fancy the hassle of removing an Alfine wheel if I get a puncture with tubes. I managed to get the kit for just over £40 from Merlin which I thought wasn’t bad considering the rim strips are normally about £17 each

stevepitch
    Free Member

Sorry HM but bit befuddled by the whole tubeless thing and I’ll be converting my normal rims and I thought you were talking about tubeless rims? Im going to be converting non tubeless rims can you just use electrical tape then???

Nuke cheers for the reply I was beginning to give up hope with this forum never seem to get that many replies to my questions 🙁 (apart from HM abaove of course 😉 ) I’ll have a look at the Rhyno Lite stuff but I dont get why you need the yellow tape!? Watching the NoTubes vid and it says install the rim strip over the existing rim strip if that makes sense 😕 or am I completely wrong (probably)

nuke

The Rhyno Lite Notubes rim strip should do the job ( http://www.notubes.com/Rhyno-Lite-Rim-Strip-P104C13.aspx ) based on the size of rim you’ve got.

Watching the NoTubes vid and it says install the rim strip over the existing rim strip if that makes sense or am I completely wrong (probably)

See I wasn’t sure on this myself. On my WTB rim I had a plastic rim strip installed orginally…if it was stuck down Velox tape I’d have probably left it and installed the Notubes rim strip over it but in the end I installed some yellow tape instead as it came with the Notubes kit. I guess what you’re trying to achieve is creating a seal between the rim strip and tyre bead so what’s underneath the rim strip is irrelevant…although I also might be wrong on this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which Stans NoTubes kit for 26mm Rim?’ is closed to new replies.