• This topic has 21 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hooli.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • which smallish 7 seater car
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Grand picasso at moment, 1.6 hdi and semi auto gearbox.
    Seems to be a troublesome unit.

Any recommendations for next purchase?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Toyota verso.

PePPeR

Zafira last version are available for around £10k new with their 100k warranty.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikemike1968
    Free Member

Zafira last version are available for around £10k new with their 100k warranty.

Which you’ll definitely need.
    Corolla Verso or Almera Tino will be far less trouble.

backinireland
    Free Member

Mechanic told me they had a lot of electrical problems

backinireland
    Free Member

Vw touran?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

How about nissan nv200 7seater. All seats at the back can easily be taken out to be bike van. Pretty basic inside though. My daughter hate it so i cannot buy one yet till she can drive and get her own car..which is not long now 🙂 ..like 1.5yrs.

Harry_the_Spider

Define “smallish”.

I’ve got an S Max which has the same footprint as a Mondingo. Can’t fault it.

maccruiskeen

How about nissan nv200

7 seats but only 3 stars from NCAP. Almost every other car currently on the market is a safer place for people to actually be in. Any kind of of car with less than 5 stars is a rarity these days. 3 stars is pretty inexcusable.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Toyota verso.

jonnyrockymountain

missis has zafira 04 so 10 yr old now (owned it for 9) and it hasn’t missed a beat, can’t believe every year it keeps going without any major cost, just the usual bits at mot and a good service

kimbers

had one of them new 10grand zafiras for 2 months , so cant speak to reliability but its been great so far, back 2 seats only for kids or hobbits but loads of bootspace, can carry 2 bikes, 2 kids bikes, plus wife n kids and a weeks kit inside which is all good in my book, gets same mpg as my old focus and only a bit bigger.

Trekster

Had a Touran 2ltr Tdi for 5yrs and 75km, never touched other than servicing. 45-55mpg.
    Very versatile rear seating, rear 3 seats are individual and can be moved around or taken out. They also fold, tilt and recline. Very handy for house moves, grand kids , towing caravans and bike bus for 3 inside or 4/5 with rack on tow bar 😆 only issue and I would imagine others have the same problem is lack of boot space with rear most 6/7 seats folded up. Roof box is required if fully loaded and going far.
    Others have not had such a good experience as I have, sure they will be along to tell of the woes 😉

rickmeister

If the 7 seater is a small vehicle, the people in the very back seats are the crumple zone, Shirley ?

backinireland
    Free Member

It’s as a second car to a discovery, just that the two seats are handy occasionally.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Zafira very practical, I only rented one so cannot comment on reliability
    Toyota Verso I am sure very reliable (we had Rav4 and Yaris both with zero issues over 100k plus between them). Between these two I’d have the Verso for sure.
    As you own a Disco you’ll probably not want another 4wd I imagine but there are a few choices there too. Touran is a bit boxy for me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My daughter hate it so i cannot buy one yet till she can drive and get her own car..which is not long now ..like 1.5yrs.

Will she give you your trousers back too?

dave360

Buy my Prius Plus. dccbysea at gmail.com for pix

Nonsense
    Free Member

Ford C max? Qashqai + 2?

surfer
    Free Member

I’ve had 3 of the 307SW’s when the kids were younger and found them to be brilliant. Only really changed when I got sick of the sight of them!
    Reliable, economical and a huge amount of practical space in the back with the seats out. Glass roof, individual removable seats (including the tiny ones in the back) and loads of toys and even the the 1.6HDI pulled very well.
    Did over 140k in my last one and never had a problem (of the 3 one had a gearbox casing crack which cost me several hundred) but over around 250k of motoring they were all a pleasure to own.

dknwhy

Got an 08 Kia Carens 7 seater. Been a great (but dull) car. Seems to do everything with very little fuss. Had a split rad hose replaced under warranty but apart from that, it’s been perfect.
    Extra 2 seats are handy for chucking the kids in when the in-laws are around but you lose all boot space with them up.
    It’s not a driver’s car but for filling up with stuff and heading out, it’s very comfortable and has loads of room.
    Can sit 3 adults across the rear seats and as they split fold, it’s very handy.

hooli

Agreed on the Verso, we have had an older one for 4 or 5 years and it is brilliant. 7 seats, plenty of space inside but still reasonable size for parking etc.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘which smallish 7 seater car’ is closed to new replies.