Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which shifters fit with Hope Minis?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

A friend has some Hope Minis (about 4 years old I think) and want to replace the twist shifters that are currently fitted.
    I’ve just supplied him with some Shimano Deore shifters but he says they foul the fluid resevoir. Any suggestions as to what will fit OK?

STATO
    Free Member

deores should fit spot on. He needs to put them on the bar before the brake lever tho (stem side not grip side) and if he is going from grip shift he might have got this wrong.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Thanks Stato. He’s not a believer but going to have another try.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I run Minis and Deore shifters, they go together ok. I recently switched to having them the other way, ie, put the brake leavers on first and then a large gap between them and the shifters. I like the one finger braking this way, but the minis have to be properly bled to get enough power for this to work.

Paceman
    Free Member

SRAM X-9 and X-7’s fit with Hope Mini Mono’s.

coatesy
    Free Member

You may need to remove the shifter windows to get your preferred position, but will need to bodge some way of stopping the filth getting in afterwards.

4ndyB
    Free Member

I had a set of mono mini’s (black & gold ones) and used Sram Attack trigger shifters with no problems (if he wants to keep the Shimano rear mech)

Also running the ’07 mono mini’s with Sram X9, again no issues.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Old XT shifters running quite happily here with the Mini lever, also Sram XO triggers and old X9 triggers.

Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

I got new LX shifters, they’re fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which shifters fit with Hope Minis?’ is closed to new replies.