Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which second frame for 26'' wheels
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’ve currently got a very nice Orange R8 steel 853 hardtail but it has always been just too small for me. I’m 6’4” and it’s a 19” frame.

So I’m considering changing the frame for something bigger. Ideally I’d swap like for like but I’m finding it difficult to find much that takes my fancy. It needs to be bigger obviously and also have standard bb and suit 1 1/8th forks (possibly with a relatively short head tube so I can keep my forks). Not too bothered if I have to change the seat post.

Any ideas? Seen any bargains on the classifieds? I’ve been looking for a hardtail but would consider an xc full suss too.

Cheers

withersea
    Free Member

Find a prince albert if you can. There was one going for less than a £100 recently, but I think it may have been too small for you.

br
    Free Member

and suit 1 1/8th forks

pretty much all head-tubes suit these, with the right headset/crownrace

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Yeah that’s true b r but I’d like to be able to keep my hope headset if possible. I have Fox F100 forks so the Prince Albert might be a little to trail/dh orientated? I’ve got a DMR Bolt L for that kind of thing.

Northwind

Soul would tick a very similiar box and is more commonplace, might work out?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Cove Handjob? (stop sniggering at the back…..) 🙂
    Kinesis decade Virsa if you like steel.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’ve had a soul before but that was very similar in size to the Orange. I don’t think they do bigger than a 19”.

Cove Handjob or Kinesis Decade are good calls. Maybe even a Cove Hummer if I can find one.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I sold my Kinesis Decade Virsa recently after getting a BFe (longer travel). Amazing frame, ran it SS, alfine and finally as a 1×10. The paint job was very tough, and looked new when it was sold. The Mk1 s had some issues with cracking, but the later Mk2 were sorted.
    Great bikes.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Still can’t seem to find much in the way of second hand frames for 26″ wheels in xl size . Have been searching to see if I can find a cannondale flash but no luck so far . Am slightly tempted by a giant anthem too as they seem to be easier to find. Will keep looking 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which second frame for 26'' wheels’ is closed to new replies.