Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which SD Card for Android Phone
  • BigJohn

I’ve just got a Moto G 3rd Gen phone, Android 6.0 and it’s telling me that I need an SD card to load more apps. That’s fair enough.

It’s a micro SD card I need. I’m not a heavy user of the phone, just browsing, email, a bit of Strava, maybe, to find out where I’ve been, and to find out where I am, but I use Spotify offline as well as Double Twist.

Totally confused by sizes and speeds of cards, and prices. I could go to Tesco and buy the biggest and fastest but that’s going to be a waste of cash. What do I need and where from?

nickjb
    Free Member

Its worth get a decent branded one rather than an ebay cheapy/fake. Speed won’t be a big issue and that usage maybe a 16 or 32Gb card would be fine. If you can get a 64gb in budget them there is no harm. I find the extra space useful for downloading maps

gobuchul
    Free Member

I always use 7 Day Shop. Cheap and reliable.

7DayShop £12 for 64gb

Or 32gb for £6.50

Avoid Ebay, there are a lot of dodgy cards on there.

Bez

Anything’ll work. Never had any trouble with Sandisk/Samsung/Toshiba/Kingston/etc. Prices these days mean there’s not much point buying anything smaller than a fast 32GB card IMO, unless you’re really cost-conscious. FWIW the G3 will work fine with a 128GB card, which is what I use as it’s big enough to store all my music on.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Personally I’d go for a decent brand card 16Gb and get a class 10 or better.

survivor

Even with branded ones they can and do fail leading to data loss.

Remember to back up your data manually or use cloud backup.

I forgot to do mine for awhile then sods law the card died and I lost a lot of photos 🙁

aracer
    Free Member
    xora

Kingston is a very good way to lose your data 🙂

Cougar

Buy a Sandisk card from a reputable supplier. Life’s too short to cock about with cheap crap SD cards.

BigJohn

I took Cougar’s message to heart. Sandisk from Tesco. Probably paid over the odds but no messing about.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I use MyMemory and MobyMemory and choose Sandisc, I find them both usually cheaper than 7dayshop.

Cougar

TBF, Tesco aren’t that badly priced, especially if you go for something on offer. I was looking the other day and was pleasantly surprised that they seem to have mostly stopped massively gouging on SD cards and USB pendrives.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which SD Card for Android Phone’ is closed to new replies.