Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which road disc wheels do we rate?
  • njee20
    Free Member

I needed a new cheap commuter bike as the bike parking at our new office is publicly accesible (just). So I’ve done the sensible thing and bought a carbon road disc frame and an Ultegra Di2 disc groupset.

I was going to get some Chinese 50mm rims (probably FarSports) and build on DT350s, which I imagine will cost c£500. what else do people rate for that sort of money? I can build wheels, so factory builds not a specific advantage, in fact they’re probably a turn off unless they’re super good value. Probably leaning towards aero over super light, it won’t get ridden up many hills. They’ll also probably get nicked within 3 months, so i can try something else next time!

dc2.0

Hijack, but which frame did you go for and how much tyre clearance? Will it take 30mm?

njee20
    Free Member

Nope, 28s (claimed). Went for a Deng Fu R04, was £380 delivered during the AliExpress sale last week, it seemed rude not to. I’ve already got a FM208 as my ‘nice’ bike and it’s surpassed all expectations, so was very happy to go for another Deng Fu.

They do gravel/CX bikes, which I did think about, but I’ve had several cross bikes before and never liked them, I just ride them on the road and find them compromised. I imagine a less aero frame would fit larger tyres, but as I say, at that price I couldn’t say no.

sb88
    Free Member

New Halo range.

njee20
    Free Member

The Caliber? Quite heavy, nearly 1900g with 38mm rims.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which road disc wheels do we rate?’ is closed to new replies.