which rim's should i go for? 17.5st rider aggressive trail/freeride

Home Forum Bike Forum which rim's should i go for? 17.5st rider aggressive trail/freeride

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • which rim's should i go for? 17.5st rider aggressive trail/freeride
  • Premier Icon shortcut
    Subscriber

Honestly – same again.

cazum

just wondered if there was anything else i should consider….

Premier Icon shortcut
    Subscriber

I you wanted to go tubeless Stans flow would be the answer but otherwise Mavic are ace.

Dt and Pacentini also have some nice rims.

cazum

en521? slightly more but apparently slightly stronger?

Flows are meaty enough

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

521 is supposed to be an enduro rim, lighter but a wee bit less strong than the 321. Though in reality who knows, Mavic’s “job descriptions” vary pretty randomly at times.

I’m a Flow/Flow Ex fan… Quite a bit lighter, tubeless ready, and wider. Also plenty tough- I finally killed an old Flow in the back of my downhill bike but it’d taken a righteous booting and I don’t think any less of it. Replaced with a Flow Ex. But they are more expensive so if you’re not using the advantages it’s a harder sell.

gmex619

If your not dead set on Magic the Halo SAS rims are pretty good. Also the Sun MTX. The nukeproof generator rims are re-stickered mtx too. Pretty good prices too. MTX are bombproof 100%. I put mine through huge abuse and they didn’t even untrue or flat spot. I’m your weight also.

cazum

looking for a strong but light rim to rebuild onto my hope pro 2 evo hubs. my current mavic en321 rims are getting old and tired so thinking its time for a rebuild

anyone got suggestions?

i am 17.5st ride aggressive trail/freeride so needs to be strong!

thanks

cazum

wasn’t set for anything tbh…

was thinking

mavic en321, en521, ex729
    sun mtx 33

but just wanted to see what people recommended

jedimaster

i would go for ex823s, these are bombproof and tubeless ready

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘which rim's should i go for? 17.5st rider aggressive trail/freeride’ is closed to new replies.