Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which reliable dropper post has the most layback?
  • MaryHinge
    Free Member

I have a Gravity Dropper 3+1 which is super reliable and easy to service. Over 5 years old now and still going strong.

I could do with a bit more layback to get my position right. The GD is inline.

Are there any that give good layback, but are as reliable as the GD?

Or is layback simply a no-no on droppers due to pulling the post off centre or something?

Mackem

Slightly longer stem?

dantsw13

I’ve not seen a layback dropper. I’d have thought they would would work best with an inline clamp, so the force goes straight down the line of the dropper mechanism.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

dan – Joplin, KS i900 to name 2

nutsnvolks
    Free Member
    kimbers

I beam mod for your gravity dropper , i got mine from gd in the usa

tpbiker
    Free Member

loads of layback on an ks I900

scaredypants

RASE ? – if they’re still in business (website looks a bit abandoned re new model)

Northwind

I spoke to gravity dropper back when the ibeam was launched- they mentioned that using it with a lot of layback might cause problems as it puts more sideways stress on the post.

KS has a respectable amount of layback but not huge

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Thanks folks, will have a look at those.

@Mackem – Had a Retul fit a while back which set my saddle position relative to BB, and GD won’t go back far enough.

I-beam GD conversion sounds interesting.

dantsw13

Maybe this is one of the reasons for the Joplins lack of reliability.

Mackem

No idea what a Retul is but I had a similar issue where I thought I needed a bit more layback. Randomly tried a longer stem and hey presto – perfect!. Of course, horses for courses and all that. Just thought it might have been worth a try.

IA

The answer to the OP is a specialized command post blacklite.

1″ layback, 120mm and 30mm drop positions, mine’s been great.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I tried my Reverb with the saddle right back, it didn’t work (busings binding so wouldn’t drop) unless you shifted your weight foreward so i put it back in the cetner of the rails.

C’mon Cannondale, a droper absed on the Lefty (which obviously works with off center loads)!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which reliable dropper post has the most layback?’ is closed to new replies.