Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Which Prescription Sunglasses?
  • shooterman

I’m looking for a pair which could be used on the bike without looking too out of place off the bike also. Any recommendations?

munkster
    Free Member

No recommendations really but I have had two pairs of prescription riding glasses from http://www.rxsport.co.uk/ and they are superb to deal with, you can do home “try outs” (for the cost of the postage). Very quick and helpful. I don’t have shares 😀

shooterman

Thanks for that. Like the idea of trying at home.

sheck

Optilabs for mine

Good on the bike, but less so off the bike… Although I probably chose an overly sporty frame

Good value too

mattbee

Oakley Crosslink. I’ve got 2 pairs now, one with Transition lenses and one with sunglass s tint.

andyxxx
    Free Member

I have the Adidas Evil eye. They are ok with the dark lens for Summer riding but in winter with the light polarized glass and the prescription insert, they make you look like a pervy Benny Hill. They also steam up so I am looking for another make.

TiRed

What is your prescription? High powers and curved lenses don’t mix well. I have Rudy Rydons with an Rx insert for my +5’s

UK-FLATLANDER

Another Rudy Project Rydon fan here, -10 ish prescription and works fine.

jonnyrockymountain

Ditto 2 pairs of Oakley crosslinks!!!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Mattbee, where did you get them from?

I need some new sunglasses. Driving with my new glasses (34 years non wearer) is hard when the light changes.

Where is good for prescription sunglasses lenses, I keep finding crosslinks the have clear lenses.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Bought some oakleys then sent them to ciliary blue to have some transition lenses fitted. Arrived yesterday

Very pleased

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Used RXsport for my Oakley Flak Jackets a few times, good service, couldn’t recommend enough.

teddy
    Free Member

Tricky,
    what prescription are those? Im +3.5 but curved lenses in the past have been a little boggly eyed for me.

IHN

Yep, Ciliary Blue for the win with frames of your choice. In my case, £7 frames from Mountain Warehouse 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve got an astigmatism so mine is quite low. -1 (-2.00 and -2.25 cylinder)

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve previously used rxsport before for some oakley black irdium prescription glasses (which were amazing i have to say). But I lost them :(. Couldn’t afford the £330 again so went for some £60 lenses from ciliary blue

CraigW
    Free Member

Cheap option is Zenni. I have these (in a non sunglasses version, I might get some tinted ones for the summer): http://www.zennioptical.com/292912-plastic-full-rim-frame.html
    No problems with strong prescriptions, I have -6 or so.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Which Prescription Sunglasses?’ is closed to new replies.