Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Which Pack-stowable pump?
  • Surfr
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a camelback stowable pump? Is there one to rule them all or is it much of a muchness?

Ed2001
    Free Member

Lezyne make very good small pumps, not the cheapest but beautifully made and work well. I have a pressure drive for my road bike, small enough to hide in my back pocket.

thepurist

Lezyne – small, light, shiny and it even pumps tyres up. What’s not to like?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a tiny one – it works well and is light – pocket rocket I think – but its deffo for emergencies only. Mate of mine has one that is like a mini trackpump – works far better but weighs 3 times as much. I didn’t get on with the crank brothers one at all

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

topeak pocket rocket was advised to me. Good call too its been the best min trail pump I have used.

Surfr
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Found an old thread which seems to state the same. Lezyne or Topeak Morph something. Lezyne sounds like my kinda thing. mmmm shiny

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

TJ when is using a pump thats not much longer than your genitals anything other than an emergancy!

takisawa2

Lezyne Alloy drive. 10/10.
    CNC machined alloy.
    Looks like it will outlast me.

chakaping
    Free Member

Blackburn Mountain Air here, v solid and has a lifetime guarantee, I believe.

Driller
    Free Member

Blackburn Mammoth, lifetime guarantee, pumps up fat MTB tyres in no time, to a high pressure, reliable (I’ve had mine for ages anyway, and if it breaks Blackburn will give me a new one) and it might be slightly bigger, but it doesn’t weigh much (it’s hollow after all) and it just works, really well.

Don’t buy a skinny roadie pump for MTB tyres, because when it’s raining, getting dark and freezing cold, and all your mates are waiting for you to fix your third puncture, you’re gonna wish you had a pump that actually worked on Mountain Bike volume tyres rather than took up as little space in your camelbak as possible (which is full of tubes, butties, jelly babies, cameras, elbow pads and all the other stuff us mountain bikers carry around anyway).

uplink
    Free Member

Topeak Mountain Morph just about fits in my Camelbak & is the best portable pump I’ve come across
    The Pocket Rocket is great too [& a lot smaller] but takes a bit more time & effort

FuzzyWuzzy

I carry a Topeak Mountain Morph in my camelbak, much better than all the various other mini pumps I’ve tried. It’s a bit bigger than most but is 10x better at actually pumping tyres up (rather than just being small and light). Lezyne do a similar mini track pump thing that looks good but not tried it.

Surfr
    Free Member

Ended up with a Blackburn Air Stik as the LBS only stocked Blackburn. Looks to do the job and will be usable for the road bike too (Mountain Air only good for 90 PSI as opposed to 160)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think the choice comes down to – medium sized pump that inflates tyres easily of tiny light one that is hard work. I went for the tiny light option as punctures are not a frequent part of my riding
    *touches wood*

D0NK

Blackburn air stick is the reason I now carry 2 pumps, a ‘proper’ sized one and a pocket rocket as backup, I had 2 replacement airstiks before I got sick of it keep failing when I needed it most. The 2 stage valve used to fail, the single stage pumps are probably fine. I’ve now got a lezyne and they are good, reversible adapter is cool and they look well built – time will tell.

Oh and the pocket rocket takes about 1/2 and hour to inflate a road tyre so definitley a backup only.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Just bought a Topeak Mountain Morph and I finally have a pump which actually works. No more thrashing away with some teeny “pump” which takes about 200 hundred lung busting, arm withering pumps to get tyres up to 25 psi. Very happy. Just hope it lasts.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Blackburn Mammoth here. My days of farting about with diddly little things is gone.

coatesy
    Free Member

Mammoth here too, excellent pump and cheap enough too.

CountZero

Blackburn Mammoth Mtn here too. Pumped up a 2.5″ Diesel from flat, an only cost a tenner. Well made and fits into a normal sized pack. What’s not to like about that?

the_lecht_rocks

topeak mountain morph. trail proof, unlike blackburn.
    try a warranty on blackburn – laughable.
    topeak has seen some action and still going strong. highly recommended 🙂

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Blackburn Mountain Air in my Hydra pack for mountain biking

on my commuting bike I have a Top peak pocket rocket clipped to bottle cage

On my racer I use a Raleigh pump that fits in my jersey pocket

oldgit
    Free Member

Topeak but the road morph, if we have a puncture in the group they’ll all look to me for the pump.
    Excelent kit but not tiny, also the guage is accurate.

oldgit
    Free Member

Also like the flexible hose and the stand so there’s no risk of snapping the valve.

househusband

Disappointingly, my Mountain Morph looks like it is going to be a predictably dull product that sits in my Camelbak, gets covered in crap, dropped, used and abused – and then works when needed. Disappointingly dull as it seems I will never get the chance to sleight it as I have other products I have bought and then been let down by…

Nick

I’ve got a mountain morph, it’s 5 years old, is dented and the shaft is bent when I landed on my back and broke my collarbone.

It still works like new, in fact I think it’s better than my Joe Blow track pump, buy one.

mcboo
    Free Member

My mate Andy the doctor got sick of being the only guy in the group with a pump that actually works I took pity and shelled out a whole £15 for a duplicate Topeak Peak DX Mini. Tiny little thing, works really really well. Actually have it at work today to repair a puncture on my road bike, can get it up to 80psi no problem so trail pressure a doddle. Look no further.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

mountain morph here too

and a topeak micro rocket carbon on the road bike cos i is a tart

sockpuppet

another happy morph user here

the micro rocket sits on the road bike where tyres are tiny and punctures are rare

FuzzyWuzzy

I carry a Road Morph on the road bike, although the tyres have less volume you’re pumping to a higher pressure which IME is a nightmare on a normal mini-pump. With a Road Morph I can get to 100psi easy and with a bit of grunt get to 120psi (which is what I normal ride at). Also the flexible hose attachment means you don’t have to worry about snapping the core of the valve so much.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Which Pack-stowable pump?’ is closed to new replies.