Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which non LLS frame?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Which old fashioned ride all day non LLS, 120mm travel hard tail frameset?
    Something like the sour pasta party that can take a carbon rigid fork too if needs be

Sour for example https://sour.bike/en/candy-shop/bikes/pasta-party/

alanl
    Free Member

I cant fault the On One / Planet X Whippet.
    Far better than I expected, a really lovely paint finish on the orange one I have. Reduced to £1k for the complete bike this weekend.

jrichards
    Free Member

Ritchey Ultra fits that description. Ritchey haven’t shipped to the UK since Brexit but there are a few cool LBSs who stock them – Woods Cyclery and Seabass cycles.

mboy
    Free Member

Just bought a Titus El Viajero based upon similar requirements to yourself. Designed around a 100mm fork but will take up to 120 I’m informed. Bought a full bike for cheaper than most Ti frameset prices with the PX Black Friday deal combined with an extra 10% off for new customer first order… I really couldn’t have bought an equivalent bike with the same spec for cheaper @ trade prices!

Ditching most of the kit that came on it as I’ve already got most of the stuff I am going to build it with. Will be sure to post pics when it’s ready.

That Ritchey Ultra is properly nice though, would have gone that route had I been able to get one @ trade in the UK any more…

Jonno

Stanton sherpa, built up nice and light it’s a good ride all day hardtail.

rOcKeTdOg

That Ritchey Ultra is properly nice though, would have gone that route had I been able to get one @ trade in the UK any more…

@mboy
    Interesting, now that Zyro have taken on Ritchey there might be frames available. Most listed stuff won’t be until Feb 22 onwards though

ahsat

I was also going to suggest the Stanton Sherpa.

rOcKeTdOg

I guess it’s too old school to have a wide choice of frames now

twonks

I’ll second the on one Whippet, or possibly scandal if it has similar geometry.

I’ve currently got mine set up with their rigid fork and plus wheels. Rides very well and very much like an old school hard tail – but lighter, faster and more capable.

A very neutral ride, if that’s a thing.

gkeeffe

Santa Cruz chameleon esp last years model.

chestrockwell

I was also going to suggest the current Whippet. Really like mine and it’s very comfy once you’ve got used to the high bb and steeper angles compared to LLS.

Looking at the frame you are looking at though, I guess you are aiming higher!

mboy
    Free Member

The Mason Cycles RAW frame, just launched this morning… 😍

https://masoncycles.cc/products/raw-frame-only

£1695 though!!! 😧

ayjaydoubleyou

Not so stealth ad…

I’ve got a mk1 Solaris in the classifieds right now if you are a large.

with the angleset fitted and the 120 forks it seems to hit most of the numbers from that Sour.

QR rear, and no internal dropper routing though.

chakaping
    Free Member

I really, really liked my mk2 Solaris for that kind of thing.

It was non-boost QR rear but the mk3 was largely similar but boost through-axle rear, so that might be your preference?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Stanton Sherpa would get my vote also for what its worth.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which non LLS frame?’ is closed to new replies.