Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which new lawnmower?
  • Bunnyhop

Our Qualcast Cobra quiet 32 died a couple of weeks ago.
    The chap that we took it too couldn’t mend it, saying that it had lasted well for 15 years.

Our needs are that the handlebar folds and that it’s electric.

Budget £100 – £180

Something without a stupid name such as Cobra (only kidding)

Vader
    Free Member

Ride on flymo?

Bunnyhop

Vader – Sorry I don’t actually know what you are asking?

Greybeard
    Free Member

I bought a Bosch (similar size to your Qualcast) 10 years ago and it’s still running well. It also actually cuts the grass – I bought a Flymo 6 months before that which didn’t, probably due to having plastic blades. Stupidly I bought it at the end of the autumn and didn’t realise how useless it was until the next spring, and as it was over 6 months they wouldn’t accept a return unless I could prove it was faulty when I bought it – which was difficult, since it wasn’t actually faulty, just useless. It wasn’t worth my time fighting it so I gave it away but will never buy another Flymo.

zntrx
    Free Member

We bought one of these a few weeks ago.

Works fine and can be stored vertically which is handy.

cheers_drive

I recently got a 48v bare cordless makita mower from Screwfix for £130 then £100 for 2 compatible 5ah batteries. A little over your budget but trust me cordless is amazing. So much faster a easier that struggling with a cable.

dallas95
    Free Member

Agree with cheers_drive, cordless mowers are much less faff. Also quieter than mains or petrol which I like. I also got a Makita but 36v and it is as good as the Bosch mains mower it replaced if not better. I already had Makita batteries for my power tools so that influenced my purchase. I didn’t look to see what else was available. I have since bought the Makita hedge trimmer to use the same batteries and that is brilliant too.

Bunnyhop

Yes a cordless one sounds great. Our lawn isn’t huge, however it is a teardrop shape, so not your average going up and down.

cheers_drive

sorry, I meant 36v (218v) Makita

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which new lawnmower?’ is closed to new replies.