Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • which mpv
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

I am looking at a mpv narrowed it to zaffira 1.9cdti elite, or c4 picasso, anyone have any of these

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Buy a Multipla. ACE!

druidh
    Free Member

LOL – another happy Multi owner here, but that wasn’t the question 😀

Oxboy
    Free Member

are you buying new or s/h? what did u narrow down from?

takisawa2

Looked at both, & Mazda 5, & VW Touran, & C-Max but went for a Toyota Verso D4D instead.
    And its very very nice.
    Highly recommended.

matt_outandabout

Looked closely at Mazda 5 (very nice, great doors, slightly small middle seat, what we wanted, bl**dy expensive second hand and no cruise control…), Verso – (great build, nice kit, good value, bland as a bland thing and didn’t drive quite as nicely I thought, but mrs_oab struggled to see over dash as she is only 5’….) and finally the Touran that we bought (boring, but well put together, practical and stonking good value second hand, but some annoyingly crap design with folding seats (rear and middle) that means it not *quite* as good as the others, and silly lack of rear speakers FFS! – we paid £7k for 3 year old 20k ex motability car…)

If I had the money, the Mazda (but it needs cruise…), sensible and boring Touran won – we now have 6 friends and neighbours with them and no complaints – ours has now done 20k since July, does 53-55mpg on a run with just me, but drops to 47/49 with family on board.

loddrik
    Free Member

I have a Touran but no way is it boring, is chipped to just under 180bhp and has the dsg box, and is fun to hustle along, nice and torquey and the ‘box is superb, sure the styling is a little more conservative than say, an s-max or the mazda, but guess which one will be worth more in a few years…..

pendlechris
    Free Member

originally I was after Mazda 5, like the look of them and sliding doors, went to look at motorpoint today,and saw the Zaffira cdti elite 150bhp which I had never looked at before,has cruise control heated front seats alloys,etc , round £10,000 with 7,000 miles on an 08 plate, then went to mazda and looked at the model I fancied and just couldnt justify spending another £5000 for around same milage car, if anything the Zaffira seemed to have more about it, I have also looked at Verso and these seem more in the Mazda price range,

Rich
    Free Member

Out of them 2 I would get the C4.

When I was looking into it I found there are lots of problems with the Zafira, especially lots of DPF problems.

Saying that a Citroen probably wont be reliable for long.

I got a Toyota Verso 2.2 D4D, and I love it.

petrieboy

Zafira 1.9 CDTi150 Design here – very happy with it – plenty space, all the toys and as quick as my A4 TDi130. almost as good on fuel too.

Oxboy
    Free Member

That Zafira looks a cracking deal

thegreatape
    Free Member

zafira here, very happy with it, moves kids and dogs very comfortably with no fuss, would definitely get another

surfer
    Free Member

I’ve got a Peugeot 307SW with 7 seats, boring as a boring thing with boring bits on but been pretty faultless, 55mpg on a run (60 if I get really anal) all the toys etc.

loris
    Free Member

Another Zaf here, excellent bit of kit, I’m on my third!!! Previous one was an SRi 150 CDTi, current is the billy basic Life 120 CDTi, not a huge difference between the 2, the 150 probably slightly better economy and performance (50+ mpg).
    The Elite is very well specced, not sure about bikes and leather tho’.
    Before it’s assumed, yes I do work for the company so am biased!

Tracey

Got the C4 Grand Picasso, had it 16 months, its done 22k, great car for biking

Tracey

Trekster

another Touran fan, 2.0/140hp/tdi.

Never been a diesel fan until I drove this thing. May be boring/bland but I go for function over form and gizzmos. Never bought a car just because it had an extra switch for this or that over brand x/y/z. It`s a tool and has to do a job.

Liking the 3 seperate rear seat over the Zafira bench, more options.

got it for the 7 seat capability to carry grandkids around.

takisawa2

Only problem with the Verso is stashing the stupid beam thing away when using the 6th/7th seats. Right pain in the ass trying to get it into the hole in the floor.

Biffer
    Free Member

Another very happy Touran owner here. I’m now on my second one after chopping my original one in after 3 years / 80k miles.
    Both have been the 140 TDI Sport models. No complaints at all with it for load carrying. Had a look at the latest Zafira but build quality and rear seats didn’t touch the Touran IMO.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘which mpv’ is closed to new replies.