Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Which MPV for £5k?
  • Bez

This year we’re contemplating consolidating the camper van and one of the cars into a single MPV. Not yet completely sure about the budget but £5k is a likely starting point. I hate buying cars so any recommendations are most welcome.

Criteria likely to be as follows:

– at least 6 seats
    – probably petrol, preferably auto
    – as reliable and as economical and as easy to drive as possible
    – big boot with 4 passengers, ideally able to fit at least a couple of bikes with just front wheels off

My starting points are the Honda FR-V (because our Jazz has been practically faultless in 14 years of ownership, although I’m not sure the FR-V has as capacious a boot as I’d like) and the Ford Galaxy (because it’s big and in our price range and I tend to think Ford generally aren’t a bad bet).

Any tales of woe or wonder, suggestions, etc?

perchypanther
    Free Member

The last of the Mark 2 Galaxy / Sharan / Alhambra .

Big, cheap , comfy, reliable, car like to drive. All the seats come out to leave a perfectly flat floor.

I preferred my 03 plate Galaxy to my current S-Max. It was much more practical.

Kamakazie

Not particularly eco but have a look at some Japanese domestic market imports such as the Honda Stepwagon and Nissan Serena {a mini Elgrand).

simon_g

Was going to say the same, Honda Stepwagon, Toyota Noah/Voxy or similar would be ideal for that brief. I really like how the JDM MPVs swing the rearmost seats up to the side, it’s way better for carrying bikes as you get a low floor and huge vertical space. Many of them have seats that go (fairly) flat to make a bed too.

Noah here including pics with a bike in the back: http://andrewsjapanesecars.com/toyota-noah-the-thinking-persons-minivan/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Which MPV for £5k?’ is closed to new replies.