Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which Maxxis?
  • gregsticle
    Free Member

Hiya all

I need some new tyres for 4″ XC bike and have narrowed it down to Maxxis Ranchero, Ignitor, Larsen TT or Crossmarks.

I’m after light(ish) weight, good rolling resistance and decent hook-up in UK conditions (South Wales, North Downs etc).

Anybody who’s used any of the above and cares to offer any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Greg

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I have a pair of Cross marks and although they are fast, they dont offer a huge amount of grip on anything other than hardpack, and they block up with mud very quickly.

They are however lighting quick if you can cope with the sketchiness.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’ve got some used Ignitors in the classifieds? good tyres, I prefer HR’s though.

Stoner
    Free Member

I love my ignitors. Great on welsh trail centre.

giantjason
    Free Member

another one for ignitors

james
    Free Member

At this time of year you may well be better with a racey mud tyre like a bontrager mud X 2″, that is unless you can live the general sketchiness of any of the above if you’re not just riding trail centres with them

I’ve got away with 2.1″ crossmarks from february to august before. Thick mud was an issue, but the speed was really good, and fine in rocky peak stuff. I’ll be trying them again when(if) it dries up a bit come april-may time

jim
    Free Member

Why rule out advantages? In my opinion the 2.1 62a would tick all your requirements.

0091paddy
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of 1.9 Maxxis Larsen.Good fast tread, but more of a summer tyre I’d say though.
    V Light in the 1.9 Folding btw.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which Maxxis?’ is closed to new replies.