Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Which lycra/under baggy short?
  • Nick

Need to refresh my padded short collection ahead of three days riding in the same pair, any recommendations or good deal on?

Probably not in the market for Assos, unless there is some kind of amazing deal on somewhere….

Junkyard
    Free Member

does anyone real care i have ones ranging from aldi specials to actually rather expensive. Tbh if I did not check the label I could not tell you which is which.

Nick

Thanks Junkyard, have you seen this thread? It’s about you:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/why-does-stw-forum-attract-so-many-of-lifes-losers

bryan-g-

Endura padded boxers. I have 3 pair and no complaints.

kimbers

eh? i thought jy just recemended you some lidl ones, like you asked for?

Nick

well clearly I wouldn’t have started the thread if I didn’t care, just read it as the usual STW smart arse answer really

plus I need them soon, not when lidl decide to sell cycling gear again, sorry if that wasn’t explicitly clear..

mattsccm
    Free Member

How about the ones that clip into the outers you have. They will fit the best.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I bought a couple of pairs of these at the weekend, but Wiggle seemed to have upped the price from £30 to £45 in the last couple of days – shame. First ride today was good.

Wiggle shorts

onandon
    Free Member

sugoi are the only undershorts worth using. At the start of the year I bought over 11 pairs of different undershorts to find the best of the best of the best. Most were absolute shite regardless of price.

They have a full bibshort pad and fit really well. Wiggle have good deals on them at the mo.

edhornby

Nick, there are still stock in the Aldis right now – and if you need a basic liner then you could spend a lot of money and end up with the same pad

Nick

Yeah I looked at the wiggle/dhb ones the other day @ £30, almost bought them then thought I’d seek recommendations…

clowner
    Free Member

Dhb bibs the best comfort for pound I’ve found

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Ground Effect are fantastic.

Sugoi are comfy, but the pair I’ve got get a bit heavy when damp and sweaty. Endura clickfast liners are the nappy of the Devil. And DHB shorts have a massive pad too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Thanks Junkyard, have you seen this thread? It’s about you:

wow i answered your question and you did not like it so you insulted me. I sure did loose right then?

Forgive me and what ones do you want so i can recommend those ? 😀

I was not trying to annoy as i said i dont think it matters.

Scapegoat

I like bibshorts under my baggies. try these: http://c2.cycle-clothing.co.uk/Products/179/speg-efusion-mkii-bib-shorts-with-coolmax-silver-pad.aspx
    good fit, good quality pad, fit is assured no matter what shorts you wear over them. If you don’t want to ride in them try wearing them topless and entertaining the wife/neighbours/kids (my daughter calls them “your fat wrestler suit”)

Nick

Cheers folks, thanks for the suggestion. Sorry if I was a bit tetchy junkyard, must be the heat.

Gribs

Bibshorts (Altura ones seem to fit me). You look like a noob in them but they’re much more comfortable than normal ones.

MrOvershoot

ir_bandito – Member

Ground Effect are fantastic.

Sugoi are comfy, but the pair I’ve got get a bit heavy when damp and sweaty. Endura clickfast liners are the nappy of the Devil. And DHB shorts have a massive pad too.
    So true

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Which lycra/under baggy short?’ is closed to new replies.