Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which LBS in Bristol for really good wheel trueing?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’ve been snapping rear spokes with increasing regularity, so reckon it’s time to let a pro sort things out. Which Bristol LBS do folk recommend?

Happy to pay for a really good job.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Give Ross a shout:

TC Home Page

Top bloke.

citybs13
    Free Member

strada cycles-north street bedminster–had a fulcrum wheel repaired a couple of months ago -top job and not expensive

TooTall
    Free Member

Take a trip out to Warmley, pop into Webb’s and speak to Si the owner. He is a superb wheel builder for road and track as well. I’ve had a conversation with him while he laced and tensioned a wheel from scratch and it was nearly perfect when he finally put it in the stand. Git.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks guys

zerocool

Surprisingly Evans sorted out a rather spangled wheel for me. They were the only shop in Bristol that had a wait under 2 weeks as well. Everyone else couldn’t fit it in until Late June(it was early May at the time!). Not very expensive either. Wheel still going strong despite my abuse.

Tom KP

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

OK, had one last go at a DIY job after ready the Park Tools and Sheldon Brown site. Certainly looks, feels and sounds a little better now. Fingers crossed…

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

Psycleworx in Cotham is my go to shop for any mechanical issues

Mintman
    Free Member

Bike Station in Yate built my last set of wheels and they’ve remained true since the day they were built.

Milkie
    Free Member

Terry Cycles in Yate. One of the best in Brizzle! 😉

DanW
    Free Member

Bad Ass Bikes always seem to get recommended and put together Oli Beckingsale’s wheels together if I remember correctly. Never been there myself.

clubber
    Free Member

and put together Oli Beckingsale’s wheels together

They might have done in the past but I’ll bet that they don’t now 🙂

(BW cycling – guess what the “B” is for…)

ransos
    Free Member

+1 for Ross Taylor – he built me a superb set of wheels for my road bike.

BW Cycles seem to have a shorter waiting list than most, and sorted out my mtb recently – they even lent me a bike while it was being repaired . Plus it’s run by Oli Beckinsale!

DanW
    Free Member

It was a while back admittedly 🙂

rockfield
    Free Member

Box builds superb wheels, even when he’s on the cider..
    http://badassbikes.co.uk/blog/boxs-intense-tracer-275-video/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which LBS in Bristol for really good wheel trueing?’ is closed to new replies.